Senior Data Scientist - Recommendation Algorithms
Los Gatos, CA
Product Manager, Partner Enablement
It's an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to over 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. Within the Partnership Enablement Product team, we support this mission by creating and managing products, including platforms, services, and tools, that enable our partners and internal teams to deliver a quality Netflix experience to members all over the world. The partner ecosystem is growing and we are tackling many exciting, hard problems to help support the breadth of the evolving global device landscape.
We are looking for a strategic product leader to join the team and focus on our Partnership Enablement domain. You will lead a cross-functional team of designers, engineers, analysts, and other specialists to identify product opportunities that improve the impact and quality of our integrations and partnerships. Your team will deliver products that enable our partner and internal stakeholders to plan and optimize integrations, and manage the data associated with devices, partnerships and platforms. You will work closely with engineering and business leaders to set a vision and chart a course. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the boldness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of creativity and analytical skills, and exceptional organizational influence.
You will drive efficiency and quality, ensuring our internal and external stakeholders are able to scale effectively. This role has a strong focus on partner data management, working to ensure accurate, timely and consistent information about a partnership or integration both internally and externally.
Be sure to review our culture page and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team. Click here to learn more about the Partnership Enablement Product Team in general.
What you will do:
• Develop the vision and strategy for how we plan, optimize and manage partnerships and device integrations to enable quality and efficiency at scale.
• Embrace the value drivers of quality, efficiency, accuracy and scalability across all our products and solutions
• Build solutions that allow for contextualization of partner data to improve internal stakeholder understanding of end-to-end partnership value
• Evaluate and rationalize the current suite of management applications to improve consistency and efficacy of our solutions; actively deprecate and retire redundant tools
• Understand and evangelize the impact of solving problems and providing solutions that will scale across the ecosystem
• Engage and thrive in a healthy debate of ideas and communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization
• Lead cross-functional teams to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas
• Work closely with the Data Science and Consumer Research teams to generate insights and develop new ideas.
• Evaluate for a build vs. buy model and licensing opportunities while balancing short term and long term perspectives.
• Foster a learn-fast mentality, collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our employees and partners.
• Partner closely with device partner product and engineering teams, and other product managers creating continuous feedback loops for continued improvements
• Define how we will measure the success and effectiveness of products and track productivity and quality
• Leverage qualitative consumer insights and quantitative data to inform decisions
What We're Looking For
• 5+ years of Product Management experience with a proven record of successfully launching products or platforms
• Ability to prioritize well and articulate your product roadmap across business functions and geographies
• Ability to inspire, motivate, and lead large teams of designers, engineers, and business partners
• Exceptional communication skills, in writing or verbally, whether in small group discussions, large-scale presentations, or with executives
• Exceptional analytical skills
• General Manager mentality - interest in the intersection of technology, operations, and business
• Ability to mobilize the entire organization towards a common goal
• Demonstrated understanding of good UX
• Proven track record of technical product innovation, identifying new opportunities and building them to scale
• Strong strategic thinker comfortable with making data-driven decisions
• Ability to balance consumer, partner, and business interests while considering technical integration tradeoffs
• Demonstrated success working in a B2B2C business model, adeptly catering to two sets of customers
• Exceptional collaboration, partnership, presentation, and influencing skills
• Comfortable working with ambiguity. This role is fluid, and will frequently evolve based on partner, strategy, and product priorities
• You are curious, mature, and ego-free. You welcome constructive feedback and can constructively give it as well