Sr Animation Programmer
Santa Monica Studio
Los Angeles, CA
Fueled by the broad appeal of the instantaneous enjoyment of unlimited original and licensed movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. As we expand globally, we continue to grow our talented and unique team to help us scale. With our continued investment in a slate of content including original productions, content licensing, and international expansion, it's a great time for you to join Netflix. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
This role is part of the Studio Product Management team which is focused on developing products that drive innovation in the movie-making process. We are seeking an experienced Product Manager with a history of outstanding accomplishments and interest/background in live action content production to join our team. You will help our live-action productions bring their creative vision to life and enable them to maximize their time on creative storytelling via innovative media management technologies that span from the camera to final delivery of content. You will own the Product Management of Netflix's media management efforts targeted towards live action content creation technologies and workflows. You will partner with engineers, subject matter experts, peer product managers, and business stakeholders to deliver innovative technologies that transform content creation and supercharge the production of our growing content slate.
As a Product Manager on the Studio Product team, you will be expected to conceive, design, prioritize, and manage product initiatives to drive transformative outcomes. Though this is a senior role, you won't have any direct reports. Instead, you will have the freedom to focus on significant business impact while orchestrating the work of stunning teams.
What you will do:
• Own product management of Netflix's Live Action Production Media Management efforts targeted towards innovating the content creation process
• Set a vision and strategy for how we bring innovative content creation technologies to the world
• Lead cross-functional teams; partner with teams including engineers, design, subject matter experts, peer product managers, and business stakeholders to define a roadmap and execute innovative ideas
• Collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our talent, employees and partners
• Work closely with data science and algorithm teams to generate insights and develop new ideas. Partner with them to develop, track and leverage metrics that inform the evolution of the product
• Communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization
• Socialize project timelines and roadmaps with stakeholders as needed and maintain accountability on deliverables
What you will need to be successful:
• Proven track record of successfully launching products or platforms with deep understanding and empathy for your customers' problems
• General Manager mentality - interest in the intersection of technology, live action production, operations, and business. Ability to mobilize the entire organization towards a common goal
• Ability to prioritize well and articulate your roadmap and reasoning across business functions and geographies
• Ability to dive into the unknown and create clarity amid chaos, comfortable with running lean
• Ability to inspire, motivate and lead cross-functional teams including designers, engineers, and data scientists
• Ability to communicate well, whether in small group discussions or large-scale presentations
• Exceptional analytical skills
• Experience or education in technology or business domains. An undergraduate degree in computer science, engineering, or related disciplines, or an MBA are a plus
• Experience in or understanding of production media management or production workflows is a plus