Now is an amazing time to join Netflix as we seek to entertain the world. We have over 200 million paid members in over 190 countries, and we won't stop there. As we grow globally, we have increasing opportunities to communicate with and delight our members and prospective members in new ways. As the Product Manager, Customer Messaging Ecosystem you will be responsible for innovating the platforms, systems, and channels that let us reach out to our members around the world.
Our Messaging program reaches members and prospective members via outbound channels like email, mobile notifications, SMS, and WhatsApp in addition to in-app messaging. You can read more about the messaging team's impactful work on the Messaging @ Netflix site. This role will have broad, strategic responsibility for the ecosystem and platform that serve these messages. At Netflix, our product team is small so you have the opportunity to make a big impact.
As a product manager at Netflix you will:
• Build a strategic roadmap and take product concepts from idea through validation, shipping, measurement, and iteration.
• Author strategy memos and presentations and represent your team's work to senior executives.
• Lead a team of stunning colleagues across design, engineering, consumer insights, and data science to deliver outstanding products to our customers.
• Build business cases and measure the impact of your product innovation, with your data science partners.
• Deeply understand and socialize the evolving needs of our customers, with your consumer insights and design partners.
As the product manager, customer messaging ecosystem you will be responsible for:
• Developing generalized messaging principles for when and how we should use messaging across our different channels
• Launching new messaging channels and optimizing current channels to engage consumers inside and outside of the Netflix app
• Communication consent policy management
• Growing how many accounts and profiles we can reach and how we can reach them
• Deliverability of messages across channels including working with external providers and vendors
• Evolving our messaging design and template systems across outbound and in-app channels, in partnership with design
• Collaborating closely with other product managers on the team to build capabilities in the messaging platform that enable messaging innovation
• Being an evangelist for messaging best practices with other product teams working on messaging
• Coordinate prioritization of messaging work across the product management team
Our wish list for the person in this role (remember, no one ever gets everything on their wish list!):
• Product management experience with a proven record of prioritizing and successfully launching impactful products or platforms.
• Worked in a direct-to-consumer business, preferably with global scope where the consumer is paying for the service.
• Ability to inspire, motivate and lead a cross-functional team - your ability to build strong relationships is critical to success.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills - you will write a lot!
• Comfortable using data to inform priorities and evaluate impact of initiatives
• Experience working on consumer messaging systems and platforms - such as email systems or mobile notifications.
• Knowledge of best practices for email and notifications.
• Has strong instincts for outstanding customer experience.
• Embodies the Netflix real values while also bringing a new perspective to improve our culture. We strongly believe that diversity of experiences, perspectives, and backgrounds will lead to a better environment for our employees and better products for our customers.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rekob2-3-215-79-116-42 in your application.