Product Design Manager, Animation Tooling & Pipeline
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 183 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Studio XD team
We are the newest and fastest-growing design team at Netflix. We create and design the technologies to power how Netflix sources and produces all our content. We are scrappy and entrepreneurial. Each of us has a broad set of Product Design skills ranging from product thinking to interaction design, user research to visual communication. We work in close collaboration with Product and Engineering partners to build groundbreaking innovations for the people inside and outside of our Studio that help Netflix create, license, and deliver world-class content to our members.
About the role
The Promotional Media product team owns one of the most crucial areas in the Netflix Content Studio ecosystem: promoting Netflix content and personalizing it for our global audience. As one of the biggest global content creators, we are heavily investing in technology that facilitates the creation and distribution of images and videos that appear on the Netflix product and in our marketing campaigns across the world. This technology enables us to visualize the stories our creators are telling, in any language and at scale. As a Product Designer on the team, you will be closely collaborating with product managers, data scientists, engineers, creative producers, and marketing stakeholders to take on fast-evolving challenges solving complex human workflow and automation needs.
• Collaborate with product, data science, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies for both the existing promotional media tools and new initiatives within the space.
• Collaborate with data science, creative production, marketing, and consumer insights teams to gain a deep understanding of the users and their needs.
• Advocate for the user, and drive a holistic UX vision that inspires the Promotional Media team to push on the status quo.
• Bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
• Assess complex workflows and create simple, intuitive, and scalable product experiences that enable the flexible creation and distribution of promotional images and videos.
• 8+ years of Product Design experience designing tools for internal teams and/or enterprise
• Experience simplifying complex user workflows, across global teams
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
• Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
• Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
• A willingness to fail, learn, and share your findings with your colleagues
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback, and can constructively give it as well
• A passion for advertising, marketing, or the development of creative assets
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high-performance team. Work with talented colleagues on hard problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom, and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes, or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle hard problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale, and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.