Design Program Manager
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 183 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Studio XD team
We are the newest and fastest-growing design team at Netflix. We create and design the technologies to power how Netflix sources and produces all our content. We are scrappy and entrepreneurial. Each of us has a broad set of Product Design skills ranging from product thinking to interaction design, user research to visual communication. We work in close collaboration with Product and Engineering partners to build groundbreaking innovations for the people inside and outside of our Studio that help Netflix create, license, and deliver world-class content to our members.
About the role
The Globalization Product team owns one of the most crucial areas in the Netflix Content Studio ecosystem. As one of the biggest global content creators, we are heavily invested in technologies that power the dubbing and subtitling of the Netflix product and content worldwide. This technology enables the voices of our creators to be heard or read in any language at scale. As a Product Designer on the team, you will be closely collaborating with product managers, data scientists, engineers, and Globalization stakeholders to take on fast-evolving challenges solving complex human workflow and data problems.
• Collaborate with product, data science, business, and engineering partners to lead and develop product and design strategies.
• Collaborate with data science teams, Globalization teams, and Studio Insights & Research to gain a deep understanding of the users and their needs
• Advocate for the user, and drive a holistic UX vision that inspires the Globalization team to push on the status quo
• Bring multiple stakeholders to the table to understand and solve problems.
• Create simple, intuitive product experiences that enable scaled and efficient distribution of subtitling and dubbing work utilizing complex data insights and workflows.
• 8+ years of Product Design experience designing tools for internal teams and/or enterprise products.
• Understanding of complex workflows designed to scale across diverse, global teams
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business
• Ability to rapidly ideate and produce multiple UX/UI concepts
• Experience working directly with stakeholders to drive consensus and mine for value
• The communication skills to clearly articulate your concepts and evangelize on their behalf
• Experience working in continuous delivery environments where the pace is fast
• A willingness to fail and learn
• Earnest, mature, and ego-free. You welcome candid feedback and can constructively give it as well
• Product design experience working in subtitling or dubbing space.
• A passion for understanding different languages and how they affect our product worldwide.
• A passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling
Why work at Netflix?
• If you are looking to have a large impact at a growing company and work with a high-performance team. Work with talented colleagues on challenging problems that affect 100+ million members across the globe.
• We value high performance, freedom, and responsibility. We don't focus on rules, processes, or procedures. We are candid and transparent and seek excellence in all that we do.
• We tackle challenging problems that others have not been able to solve. We produce great content, build systems at scale, and use data to push the business forward. We connect people with movies and television globally.