Senior Software Engineer - Studio UI Developer Productivity
Remote / Virtual
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Studio XD team builds a suite of tools to scale the operations behind taking a title live, while building the world's deepest catalog of information about tv shows and movies. As part of the Studio XD Design Team, you will be designing the future of our tools to manage and enhance our catalog of data, which is leveraged everywhere from production to the service.
On the Globalization team, our goal is to make it possible for Netflix content to be enjoyed by anyone, anywhere. In many ways we still act like a start up. We work closely across engineering, product, and stakeholders to exchange ideas leading to rapid testing and iteration. We make decisions based on data, observing and reacting to how systems are impacted by our choices. We lean into building trust and connections with our partners across the space. The Globalization and Dubbing teams are made up of highly skilled professionals in their respective fields who share a passion and curiosity for bringing joy to members everywhere.
The organization is flat, process is minimal, individual responsibility is big, and there is an emphasis on keeping non-productive influences out of the everyday decision process.
As a product designer on our team, you will focus on creating experiences used by Dubbing and Globalization professionals. You will work with our business stakeholders and linguists, designing best-in-class localization experiences that further unlock access to Netflix content around the globe.
You will collaborate closely with product managers, data scientists, linguists, and a wide range of teams to understand the business opportunities and the inherent user problems. Globalization is a complex space with room to explore innovative solutions with your partners by flexing your design thinking, interaction design, and service design skills. This is a remote-friendly role with geographically distributed colleagues, so your communication skills will be crucial to creating successful partnerships.
• Work with product, data science, business leaders, and linguists to identify and prioritize opportunities for existing products and new initiatives.
• Identify unique linguist pain points related to the business opportunities, and collaborate with the Globalization design team to design holistic experiences to address those pain points.
• Explore a range of solutions together with cross-functional partners that address the business opportunities and user needs while keeping in mind constraints.
• Advocate for the user and create a holistic UX vision that inspires the wider Globalization team to push beyond the status quo.
• Bring multiple stakeholders along the journey while you solve their most challenging problems for the business.
• Experience designing a mix of consumer and enterprise products.
• Deep curiosity for the business and the user.
• Multiple successful product launches that drove meaningful impact to the business.
• Experience designing complex workflows that scale across diverse, global teams.
• Ability to rapidly ideate, produce, and test multiple UX/UI concepts and prototypes.
• Expertise in research methodologies and best practices.
• Skills in communicating your concepts and promoting their potential positive impact.
• Ability to adapt your design methods and processes to the needs of different collaborators and situations.
• Experience working in fast-paced, continuous delivery environments.
• A willingness to fail, learn, and share your findings with your colleagues.
• Ego-free and earnest-you welcome candid feedback and constructively give it.
• Passion for entertainment, filmmaking, and storytelling.
• Experience designing for A/B tests.
• Experience designing for a global enterprise user base.
• Experience working with globalization and localization teams.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d980b4-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.