Netflix is the world's leading streamer with over 247 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages.
To entertain the world is no small task, so we rely on really smart people who know a lot about how technology and data can create great content and high-quality member experiences globally. The Netflix Product Counsel is part of that team. They understand how to inspire teams to innovate because they have that important mix of courage, judgment, curiosity and darn-good instincts that come together like Joyce and Hopper. The Netflix Product Counsel doesn't sit in a dark corner of the Upside Down holding a giant 'no' stamp. No! They are an integrated part of product development, partnering with our product managers, stakeholders, designers, engineers and data scientists across the entire innovations lifecycle from ideation to launch.
Do you like data, predictions and those sometimes confounding illogical results? Are you fascinated as much by what is on a computer as what is in one? Can you bring some worldly experience to help discern what is a practical real-world risk from a theoretical one? Do you have the diplomatic skills to bring folks together and help them overcome an impasse by inspiring confidence? Can you thrive in a loosely coupled world where integrity governs and not rules? If you're the lucky 1 out of 456 then put some squid in the game and give us a shout.
In this role, you will:
• Be on the Studio Products & Technology legal team supporting the many ways we leverage technology to produce content globally and enhance our member experience;
• Support our data scientists in the many ways they leverage insights to create efficiencies and optimize our service.
• Provide practical product counseling to enable rapid development of innovative products, including advising on privacy, IP, consumer protection, rights, policy, and other issues while coordinating closely with subject matter experts in each of these areas as needed. In other words, you will be a legal generalist with a business instinct.
• Be a lightning-fast transactional lawyer who can close deals at speed, mostly in the inbound licensing space.
• Understand the studio world and content production, with some familiarity with business & legal affairs principles.
Who we are looking for:
• We think the right candidate will have 5+ years of experience as a practical lawyer building bridges and delivering an exceptional client experience, either through a law firm and/or an in-house role, with technology transactions and some familiarity with moviemaking.
• This role ideally will be based in beautiful and sunny Los Angeles. That said, we are open to discussing remote work, even though we'd miss you dearly!
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $140,000 - $650,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv26em-18-206-48-243-42 in your application.