Coordinator, Law Enforcement Response
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 260 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
We're looking for a seasoned Principal Counsel to join the Product & Tech Legal Team as part of the Consumer Product Group. This role reports to the Senior Director, Product & Tech Legal (Consumer) and is based in Los Gatos.
To entertain the world is no small task, so we rely on really smart people who know a lot about how technology and data can create great content and high-quality member experiences globally. Our mission as a Consumer Product Legal team is to empower product innovation at Netflix by delivering impactful, effective legal support. We don't sit in a dark corner of the Upside Down holding a giant 'no' stamp; we are an integrated part of product development, partnering with our product managers, stakeholders, designers, engineers and data scientists from ideation to launch. We drive strategic, effective collaboration with cross-functional and regional legal partners and think critically about how we can keep scaling the impact of our team.
As Principal Counsel, you are passionate about helping our business partners discern a practical real-world risk from a theoretical one. You have the diplomatic skills to unite people together and guide them through impasses by fostering confidence. You thrive in a loosely-coupled world where thoughtfulness and creativity govern, not rule.
• Working closely with product, design, and engineering teams to understand and assess risks for new consumer-facing experiences, from ideation to launch
• Providing risk-calibrated legal guidance to support consumer product innovation, counseling the business on privacy, IP, consumer protection and other issues while coordinating with subject matter experts as needed
• Coordinating with stakeholder partners (including cross-functional, cross-regional, and specialist teams) to share context on product and legal strategy, ensuring we are supporting stakeholder needs effectively
• Becoming an expert on our consumer product to help ensure we remain helpful thought partners and advance business objectives
• Helping to scale our team and legal organization by developing innovative processes to support the above
• 7+ years of experience in product legal roles, working directly with product managers, engineers, and designers to provide practical and risk-calibrated legal guidance
• Deep experience counseling on consumer protection, privacy, IP, marketing and other issues
• Strong track record demonstrating a collaborative approach, effective communication skills, and excellent legal/business judgment
• Strategic and creative thinker who thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment characterized by ambiguity
• Demonstrated curiosity and ability to master new areas of tech and law
• Experience with consumer-facing digital products/services, in particular with AI/ML innovation.
Our compensation structure consists solely of an annual salary; we do not have bonuses. You choose each year how much of your compensation you want in salary versus stock options. To determine your personal top of market compensation, we rely on market indicators and consider your specific job family, background, skills, and experience to determine your compensation in the market range. The range for this role is $180,000 - $690,000.
Netflix provides comprehensive benefits including Health Plans, Mental Health support, a 401(k) Retirement Plan with employer match, Stock Option Program, Disability Programs, Health Savings and Flexible Spending Accounts, Family-forming benefits, and Life and Serious Injury Benefits. We also offer paid leave of absence programs. Full-time hourly employees accrue 35 days annually for paid time off to be used for vacation, holidays, and sick paid time off. Full-time salaried employees are immediately entitled to flexible time off. See more detail about our Benefits here.
Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0j42j-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.