Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Do you have a background in running entertainment publicity campaigns in Nigeria?
Do you keep on top of trends and developments in the Sub Saharan African film & TV production industry?
If you answered 'yes', to all of the above, you may be exactly who we're looking for!
Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials , in different languages, and at affordable prices. We have a presence in over 190 countries, with over 200 members enjoying our premium films and series from across the globe.
We're looking for a creative self starter to work on our PR in Sub Saharan Africa (SSA) with a focus on Nigeria.
Our PR team is responsible for raising awareness of Netflix's brand and enhancing our reputation across the region while promoting series and films.
You will drive publicity campaigns and collaborate with cross-functional partners. You will independently formulate and execute ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and make things happen.
We're looking for someone with a strong work ethic, and deep understanding of the market. They will not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions when warranted, and suggest better approaches. They can make tough decisions, be tenacious and are curious about exploring new ways of doing things. We're looking for a team player who's excited at the prospect of working in an environment with little regard for bureaucracy and conventional hierarchies.
Your day to day responsibilities will include formulating and executing strategies, managing our agency partners, building and maintaining press and industry relationships, and running with title and project publicity campaigns.
Based in Amsterdam, you will report to our Director of Sub Saharan Africa who leads our PR for the broader region.
• At least 10 years of experience in a Sub-Saharan African entertainment or lifestyle PR setting - either agency, TV/Film/Music network or lifestyle brand
• Great familiarity with, and robust networks in the Nigerian media, influencers and entertainment industry
• The ability to build narratives and put together PR plans cross-continentally.
• A keen understanding of new and traditional media and strong relationships with journalists - proactively pitching stories across TV, radio and newspapers
• A grasp of the dynamics of the region and big picture issues that matter
• Experience managing agencies
• A love of entertainment and storytelling.
• Be a clear & concise communicator
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail.
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and stay calm under pressure.
• Has a point of view. An independent thinker willing and able to express and support their position with a clear rationale
• A willingness to roll up your sleeves to get the work done.
For more about Netflix please read our long term view and culture memo.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gk32e4-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.