UK PR Manager (9 Months FTC)
Do you live and breathe entertainment? Are you creative and strategic with initiating and executing local and global PR campaigns? Do you want to help elevate and promote fantastic Netflix series in the UK and across Europe, Middle East and Africa? Are you adept at talent relations and working as part of a global publicity team? If this resonates, then the opportunity to join our UK PR team could be the job for you!
Netflix is seeking a PR Manager for our UK & EMEA PR team, for a parental leave contract, focussed on the scripted TV slate. The PR Manager will be based in London and work as part of the PR team to formulate and implement strategies across Europe, Middle East and Africa, as well as strategise and execute campaigns in the UK for both British and international content. The ideal candidate is not just a publicist, but a candidate who can represent and understand our brand and vision. They must have a solid business acumen and a strong work ethic.
We're looking for an ambitious and savvy self-starter with a strong background in UK and/or international publicity in the global entertainment sphere. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of managing publicity campaigns at a high level and across more than one market, excellent talent relations, have experience in communicating with creators, talent and production partners and have experience as a people manager.
The ideal candidate is able to remain calm under pressure, make wise decisions and think strategically at all times whilst being a clear, concise communicator providing deep and timely context to the UK and global teams. They will collaborate well with internal partners that include all publicity and marketing functions, through to production, public policy, product and beyond. The right person for this role is excellent at managing external stakeholders and preferably has a proven track record of working with high profile talent on high profile campaigns. The ideal candidate has a proclivity towards effective strategy, problem-solving, and is influential in their communication style.
Overall responsibilities and expectations for the position include but are not limited to:
• Representing the UK and EMEA as part of a global PR team, with a big picture view
• Defining strategy, opportunity, talent access across EMEA and globally
• Leading the strategy and execution of title campaigns in the UK
• Managing talent relations
• Deep title knowledge, comprehensive context sharing and collaboration
• Maintaining strong relationships with global partners to maximize campaign potential and share regional context
• Strong UK press and influencer relationships
• Proactively using sound judgment in tactics
• Championing content in the UK and globally
• Creative thinking and fast working to constantly strive for impact and excellence
The successful candidate will:
• 8+ years experience in entertainment or other related field, either in-house or at a PR agency;
• A deep understanding of the UK media and entertainment landscape
• Very quick learner who can adopt new systems and workflows
• The confidence to build relationships with multiple teams
• Ability to work proactively, independently and juggle multiple tasks at once
• Have a good understanding of local cultures and nuances across global regions
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rov534-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.