Marketing Director Nordics
Do you live and breathe entertainment?
Are you an entertainment PR expert in the Benelux (Belgium, Netherlands, Luxembourg) region with an international curiosity and mindset? Do you enjoy strategizing PR campaigns and re-evaluate campaigns that you have worked on to appraise what you could have done differently or better?
If so, we may have just the opportunity for you:
Fueled by the broad appeal of being able to instantly enjoy unlimited movies and TV shows, Netflix has grown to have over 195 million streaming members across the globe. With continued international expansion, it's a great time to join the Netflix team.
The PR Manager - Benelux will work as part of the Northern Europe PR team to formulate and implement strategy across the region. The candidate will report into the PR Director - Northern Europe
Our PR team is responsible for raising awareness of Netflix's brand, titles and enhancing our reputation across the region.
The PR Manager - Benelux will work across several different disciplines that brings the Netflix brand and our original series, films & documentaries to fruition. They will drive innovative PR campaigns and collaborate with cross-functional partners, will independently formulate, and drive creative and executable ideas, communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders. The ideal candidate will use sound judgement to make wise decisions, think strategically and drive their team members to do the same.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, formulating and implementing local PR campaigns, managing and leading PR agencies, managing set visits, planning and implementing local junkets, liaising with journalists, talent representatives and talent and writing press releases.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• Six to eight+ years working in PR and communications in the Benelux markets with a specialization in the entertainment industry.
• Relevant network within the media/entertainment ecosystem
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment
• Have excellent media relationships, experience managing agencies and the ability to deal effectively with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
• The ability to foster strong relationships with journalists - proactively pitching stories across all relevant media channels
• Know how to interact with talent, PR reps, and influencers to build understanding and trust of what we are trying to achieve
• Experience in crisis communication and shaping communication campaigns
• A love of entertainment and storytelling and the ability to build narratives and put together strategic communication plans across multiple time zones and functions
• Good written and oral communication skills in English and Dutch language
• Strong work ethic and attention to detail
• The ability to thrive in a fast paced environment and stay calm under pressure
For more about Netflix please read our long term view and culture memo.