Fueled by the broad appeal of instantly being able to enjoy unlimited films, series, documentaries and kids and family entertainment, Netflix has grown to more than 204 million streaming members in over 190 countries. This is the total package - a great opportunity to join a highly admired entertainment company and to lead the PR team in one of Netflix's fastest growing and most dynamic regions. And along the way you'll get to work with some of the most exciting and creative people in the business.
About the Role
As the PR Director, CEE and Russia you will manage a team of local publicity and communications experts who in turn are responsible for delivering gold standard PR campaigns across the region. You will be a member of the EMEA communications and publicity leadership team, planning and implementing communications strategies and title campaigns, crafting messaging for content teams and executives, managing executive appearances and crisis communications, and leading communications initiatives and trade/consumer press announcements.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding and working knowledge of the CEE region and Russia, with the ability to complement specific regional expertise by hiring strong local experts as necessary. You will have exemplary media relations, particularly with trade/industry press, and would ideally have experience working in the film, television and entertainment industry.
You can skillfully and thoughtfully craft narratives, boil down complex concepts into succinct pitches, and successfully work with journalists and editors across broadcast, print, online and radio in both the trade and consumer space. You have also worked alongside agencies or have managed agencies or consultants on projects. You can build and manage a budget.
As the ideal candidate you have excellent judgement, you are able to make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity, and you think strategically at all times. You are a good listener and able to serve as both coach and player - a strong leader who likes being scrappy and wants to dive in and be really hands-on. You collaborate well with partners ranging from content/programming to marketing to social to product and beyond. We expect that strong candidates can handle a significant workload and are eager to learn. They are curious, able to contribute effectively outside of their speciality, and are unafraid to challenge prevailing assumptions and make tough decisions.
As the successful candidate, you will:
• Have 10+ years of experience in a CEE and / or Russian PR setting (either in-house or agency), some of which would ideally have been spent in an entertainment/media setting;
• Have excellent media relationships, experience leading a team of seasoned PR professionals and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns;
• Be very comfortable communicating - both in writing and verbally - in English in a fast-paced environment. A second regional language is preferred;
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business, content and technology issues;
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a very high energy, fast-paced environment.
The role will require frequent travel and periodic travel to other international locations once it is is safe and possible to do so.