Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
This is a chance to join a dynamic, high performing team responsible for making Netflix's shows famous in the UK.
The PR Coordinator will play a key role in supporting the growing UK PR team who are responsible for driving positive conversation about some of our amazing titles. Tasks are varied, extensive and timely and one of the most important attributes is the ability to prioritise using effective judgment and run several projects at the same time. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work at Netflix. This role will be focussed on our large scale intellectual property content, with the opportunity to be flexible across a broader spectrum of content if needed. The UK is home to some of Netflix's biggest global IP, including The Witcher universe and the Roald Dahl Story Company, with many more to come. The UK PR team works closely with creative talent, third parties and Netflix teams around the world to plan and implement publicity strategies and communications campaigns that bring these high-impact brands and unique universes to life in creative new ways.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Working with coordinators across the department to put in place a set of best practices that enable us to be more agile.
• Assisting with international travel and interview schedules for talent - both booking travel and managing itineraries.
• Supporting junket, premiere, press day and local festivals activations (varied duties depending on the title and activity).
• Working with the PR team to assign screeners, embargo letters and selected assets across specific titles.
• Logging press queries and circulating to the right publicist; manage approvals of UK press on the media center.
• Managing RSVPs to selected press events; coordinating with outside agencies and vendors to track contracts and ensure timely payment.
• Tracking top press coverage on key titles; updating various lists, documents and charts on the department's google drive.
• Liaising with the team that translates press releases for worldwide use and local agencies to distribute said releases; and other duties as assigned.
The successful candidate has/is:
• Ideally 2-3 years of entertainment experience at an agency or studio (but this is not essential if you are committed and willing to learn).
• Confident and concise communicator who is able to express ideas thoughtfully and with passion.
• Organized, thorough & meticulous -- completes tasks and follows up.
• Passionate about entertainment. A rabid fan of film, television and pop culture, with a particular interest in entertainment universes (eg. Marvel, DC).
• Scrappy, resourceful and relentless in trying to find a solution before escalating issues.
• Able to anticipate potential problems and knows when to ask for help.
• Aware that the world of publicity is not a 9-5 job.
• Poised, not scared to speak up with the team, and mature.
• Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadlines and pressure.
• Able to pivot and adapt to shifting priorities without missing a beat.
• A proactive and positive thinker and a contributor to the team.
• Able to function effectively as a part of a loosely coupled but highly-aligned team.
• Some experience in dealing with reporters, PR agencies, talent reps and internal executives.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb5zje-44-192-65-228-42 in your application.