Technician, Screening Operations
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is the fastest, most productive film studio in Hollywood. The Original Independent Film Post Production department is responsible for supervising all aspects of post production, from pre-production through delivery for our owned and licensed independent films, approximately 40-60 films a year. These films cover many budget ranges, genres, production and post locations. They cover internal developed films, acquisitions and everything in between.
We are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. Candidates should be able to handle a fast paced environment managing several projects in various points of production (from development through delivery.) This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Technical Setup of Show
• Work with internal technical teams and external production team on defining key dailies and post workflows such as HDR color pipeline, master delivery, and final archive
• Work with in-house and external teams to vet show budgets and schedules, providing feedback internally and externally on viability and risks
• Collaborate with internal/external teams to lock budget
• Track & manage all post related costs, keeping stakeholders apprised of status
• Review & approve key post budget items (i.e.: dub stage, DI facility, sound editorial) for Studio productions
Post Scheduling / Post Management
• Help inform and draft post schedule
• Collaborate with internal teams (including Distribution and Localization) & external production team to lock schedule
• Communicate and Collaborate with external team to assess and solve issues and changes as they arise
• Troubleshoot and communicate all changes to schedule to internal/external teams
• Lead or assist with search and hire of key show post staff
• Help Determine key post vendors to accommodate creative vision and relationships, tax incentives, budget needs, location issues
• Attend key creative approval sessions such as final mix playbacks, VFX reviews or color correction reviews
• Schedule and attend Netflix screenings, previews, premieres, etc.
• Collaborate with show post on setting up theater, arranging engineering when necessary, and rehearsing the content when applicable
• 8+ Years experience in independent or studio feature film post production in a management or supervisory role
• A passion for film
• Familiar with the current trends and color managed workflows for HDR, 4K and techniques with a willingness to continue learning to ensure understanding of current production and post production processes
• Team-player who operates in a fast paced team-oriented setting
• Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information
• Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly
• Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to multi-task
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Workspace, Pix and Movie Magic Budgeting.
• BA/BS Degree or equivalent experience
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d59ez7-3-236-170-171-42 in your application.