Programming & Acquisitions, Digital
Are you an entertainment fanatic? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action-packed stunt sequence of your favourite series or film get your adrenaline pumping? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favourite publications or social media channels to catch all the making-of stories or photos of your favourite shows and actors? Is your brain packed with questions you've always wanted to ask the characters of your favourite shows? If the answer to these questions is a resounding ''Yes!'', then the Photo & AV Studio team at Netflix may be perfect for you.
At its heart, Photo & AV Studio is about telling stories. With creative content built from the production phase of the series and films, the team shapes the visual identity of Netflix's PR campaigns.
The Photo & AV Studio Manager will lead the on-set content coverage strategy of APAC Original title productions including series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials. With strong cross-functional partnerships across multiple departments - from publicity and marketing to product and content - the Manager is responsible for bringing to life the on-set creative needs of a title campaign. They will be a member of a small, seasoned group of professionals based in the company's India office.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive and innovative personality, strong project management, and an editorial background attuned to great visual storytelling. This role works across photo and video content, utilizing knowledge of TV/film productions, talent/filmmaker relations, and publicity/marketing strategies to shape, enhance and support marketing and publicity campaigns across the APAC markets.
Having a strong creative storyteller's instinct that can pivot through the unpredictability of production is key to success in Photo & AV Studio.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Develop on-set content strategies in collaboration with your cross-functional partners in publicity, marketing, social, product and content, and align on the creative needs of the title
• Leverage your editorial and creative expertise to solve for business opportunities through visual storytelling and compelling creative (audio-visual and photo assets)
• Be responsible for the best use of talent time during production to meet the creative needs of the campaign. Drive communication from the set to key stakeholders
• Innovate and build engaging narratives that tell the story behind the story. Conduct in-depth interviews with on-screen and off-screen talent to uncover and shape narratives that elevate the campaign
• Read scripts, and plan, hire and supervise on-set making-of crews of unit photographers, producers and videographers to capture the best creative during production. Foster partnerships within the industry
• Creatively meet the photography and video needs for title premieres, events and editorial photoshoots, to build impactful content that furthers the campaign messaging and encourages conversation
Skills and Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience as a content creator, creative director, art director at an entertainment and lifestyle media house, agency, publication or outlet
• Work experience in Publicity, Communications and Marketing, at an entertainment studio, creative agency, production company, publishing house
• Highly organised, team player, grounded, collaborative, open to feedback, resilient
• Strong creative eye with a keen understanding of visual storytelling in the service of audience-first communication strategies
• Understand and have contacts in the photography and video industries across India and working knowledge of digital media file specs & size formats
• Interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargos is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
• Fluency in Hindi and English is required
• Fluency in additional Indian languages (such as Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam or Marathi) would be an added advantage