Are you an entertainment fanatic? Does going behind-the-scenes of an action-packed stunt sequence of your favourite series or film get your adrenaline pumping? Are you unapologetically guilty of flipping through your favourite publications or social media channels to catch all the making-of stories or photos of your favourite shows and actors? If the answer to these questions is a resounding ''Yes!'', then the Photo & AV Studio team at Netflix may be perfect for you.
At its heart, Photo & AV Studio is about telling stories. With creative content built from the production phase of the series and films, the team shapes the visual identity of Netflix's PR campaigns.
The Photo & AV Studio Manager will lead the on-set coverage strategy of Korean Original title productions including series, films, documentaries, docu-series and comedy specials. With strong cross-functional partnerships across multiple departments - from marketing and publicity to product and content - the Manager is responsible for bringing to life the on-set creative needs of a title campaign. They will be a member of a small, seasoned group of professionals based in the company's Korea office.
The role requires a high level of creativity, an inquisitive and innovative personality, strong project management, and an editorial background attuned to great visual storytelling. This role works across photo and video content, utilizing knowledge of TV and film productions, talent and filmmaker relations, publicity and marketing strategies to shape, enhance and support marketing and publicity campaigns across the APAC markets.
Having a strong creative storyteller's instinct that can pivot through the unpredictability of production is key to success in Photo & AV Studio.
Responsibilities of the role include:
• Develop content strategies in collaboration with your cross-functional partners in publicity, marketing, social, product and content, and align on the creative needs of the title
• Leverage your editorial and creative expertise to solve for business opportunities through authentic visual storytelling and compelling creatives (audio-visual and photo assets)
• Be responsible for the best use of talent time during production to meet the creative needs of the campaign. Drive communication from the set to key stakeholders
• Innovate and build engaging narratives that tell the story behind the story. Conduct in-depth interviews with on-screen and off-screen talent to uncover and shape narratives that elevate the campaign
• Read scripts, and plan, hire and supervise unit photographers and video crews to capture the best on-set creative. Foster partnerships within the industry
• Creative produce the photography and video needs for title premieres, events and editorial photoshoots, to build impactful creatives that further the campaign messaging and encourage conversation
Skills and Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience as a content creator, creative producer, art director at an entertainment and lifestyle media house or outlet
• Work experience in Marketing, Publicity & Communications, at an entertainment studio or production company
• Strong creative eye with a keen understanding of visual storytelling in the service of audience-first communication strategies
• Understand and have contacts in the photography and video industries in Korea and working knowledge of digital media file specs and size formats
• Interest in copyright laws, usage licenses and embargos is preferred
• Extensive knowledge of Adobe Suite including Photoshop and Pro is preferred
• Business level fluency in Korean and English is required
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r71x3p-3-233-219-62-42 in your application.