Manager, Strategy Planning & Analysis
Los Gatos, CA
It's an exciting time for Netflix with continued rapid expansion into original programming and around the world; it's a great time to join our team. As Netflix expands, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more.
We are looking for an Accounts Payable professional to support our Supplier Payments operations. This position will be based in our Los Gatos office and will report to the Accounts Payable Manager located in Los Gatos, CA. This position will interact heavily with teams across our international offices and will require a flexible worker for the role.
The perfect candidate for this role is someone that has a solid understanding of Accounts Payable and Purchase-to-Pay (P2P) workflow, an ability to partner with technical teams and build strong cross functional relationships, a deep curiosity and passion for automation and process improvement, and the ability to manage highly impactful projects.
• Perform daily out-of-cycle Payment Runs and weekly Payment Runs
• Initiate Payments in Bank Portals
• Maintain Bank Partner relationships and meetings for cross-regional and process alignment with US, LatAm, EMEA and APAC teams
• Assist with system related initiatives for Supplier Invoice payments, including testing host-to-host (H2H) payment integrations with Bank Partners
• Work closely with the Financial Applications Team to troubleshoot system issues related to the AP Payments process
• Payments liaison for the P2P team on efficiency and improvements to scale company's growth and organizational changes
• System Maintenance for Bank Requirements and Payment Reconciliation rules
• Contribute on innovation and automation research that will drive accuracy and efficiency of Payments
• Support monthly Accounts Payable close activities as needed (i.e. assisting with journal entries and cash reconciliations, assist the Accounting Team with close inquiries, etc.)
• Keep up-to-date on changes and trends in the domestic and international Bank sector for Payments and communicating Bank regulations that impact Payments
• Reply to inquiries and perform ad hoc duties, such as audit and support to the Corporate functions: Finance, Treasury, Accounting, Tax and SOX teams
• Able to work with high volume of transactions in a fast-paced environment
• Able to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial information
• Customer Service oriented person who focuses on quality communication and attention to detail
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proficient in Excel and ERP systems (Workday experience a plus)
• Highly motivated with the ability to work independently
• Forward looking thinker who can articulate the need for and implement process improvements
• Understanding of SOX compliance rules and guidelines
• Fluent in English, proficient in other languages a plus.
Education and Experience
• Accounting or Finance background
• 5+ years of relevant experience
• Degree in a relevant field of study
• Knowledge of cloud related ERP systems a plus
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.