Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service in over 190 countries. Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across movies, TV series, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment.
About the Role
We're looking to hire a creative self-starter, who lives and breathes entertainment, to join our Pan Regional Publicity team based in Singapore. We are looking for someone that is truly innovative and can conceptualize and actualize creative ideas that will make an imprint on the cultural zeitgeist across the Asia Pacific region.
You will have a deep understanding of how to develop impactful and strategic film publicity campaigns. You are inspired by creative single title and multi title storytelling, and outside-the-box campaigns that spark conversations. You'll need to be curious but cool under fire - able to build and maintain stellar relationships with internal (creative executives, regional marketing) and external (filmmakers, talent) partners.
This role will also serve as strategic partner to both country and regional counterparts.
• Set regional title strategy based on title and country context for campaigns that tie our titles and talent to our brand
• Be a strong advocate of the region in both global internal discussions and talent conversations on film strategy
• Act as a strategic thought partner to country PR and pan regional PR counterparts, including establishing strong relationships with regional teams;
• Identify key title challenges and early positioning to inform regional and country level strategy
• Act as regional point of contact for film with internal stakeholders as well as key filmmaker and talent relationships to ensure best in class talent relations
• Partner with key country stakeholders to align on prioritization of local films that may have the ability to travel beyond the region.
• Assist in the development of junior team members
• Contribute outside immediate scope, including in forums and memos, in an impactful manner
• Serve as an expert on this wonderful region - in particular being able to convey its specific cultural needs and nuances within Netflix
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we operate;
• A willingness to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally;
• A love of trying new things-- innovation drives growth;
• High standards in everything you do (we aspire to be excellent);
• Ability to prioritise is essential, along with right sizing and scaling priorities;
• Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done alongside your partners;
• The confidence and skills to both effectively communicate and foster strong relationships with people at all levels internally and externally;
• Excel as a communicator: Excellent oral communication skills. Should be a great writer who can organize, summarize, clarify and communicate ideas simply, succinctly and accurately.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment while working well across disciplines to execute campaigns
• To be a role model of inclusion and candor (per our cultural values);
• Integrity. Has sound judgment, and will question actions inconsistent with company values.
The successful candidate will likely:
• 7+ years experience in communications and/or publicity at an agency or film studio
• The ability to speak and write English is important, an additional Asian language is an advantage
• Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry - including experience working with directors, writers, producers and talent
• Experience developing, overseeing and executing high profile film publicity campaigns (prestige and/or consumer-driven) and have stellar talent and filmmaker relations
• Familiarity with the media landscape as well as entertainment industries across the APAC region
• Ability to work proactively, independently and juggle multiple tasks at once; and
• Time spent living and working in the Asia Pacific region is essential.