On-Site Technology Specialist (Nerd), LATAM
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is on the hunt for a smart, motivated, customer-centric team member to take on the role of an IT On-Site Technology Specialist (aka Nerd) to provide exceptional service to our stunning colleagues and partners. This position will be based out of our Alphaville office.
The On-Site Technology Specialist team is responsible for thousands of IT systems globally, continually researching, reviewing, and refreshing technology to ensure our employees have the best tools and equipment needed to stay highly productive. We seize opportunities to innovate in Netflix's unique fast-paced environment, and spark joyful experiences with technology. Our teams are the first line of support and experts for all employee technology platforms and service throughout the company.
In this position, you will interact with our users in multiple ways, including tickets, email, Slack, and video conference. Daily duties consist of prioritizing, resolving, routing and scheduling all incoming internal technology support requests and issues. You may find yourself supporting cloud and desktop software, troubleshooting conference and screening rooms, deploying and upgrading hardware, inventory management, supporting off site events, or any number of other issues you may come across.
You'll need to be comfortable working as part of a distributed team and communicating with technical and non-technical users. This position may require some travel and after-hours or weekend coverage.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, Groups and Google+)
• Troubleshooting a variety of technical issues across different operating systems (macOS, ChromeOS, Windows, and Linux), and various applications, and hardware (Mac, Lenovo and Chromebook hardware including laptops & desktops, peripheral technology)
• Strong fundamentals in networking protocols and troubleshooting
• Experience in racking and installing networking equipment and servers and working in a MDF room
• Strong experience partnering with local IT vendors and knowledge of regional logistics
• Knowledge of best practices around data security
• Experience supporting mobile devices including Android and iOS devices
• Video Conferencing troubleshooting, including Google Hangouts, Google Meet, Chromebox for Meetings, & Zoom
• Experience supporting small to medium events at an IT or AV capacity, a plus
• Experience with supporting people remotely
• Experience delivering group and one-on-one training
• Vendor management and procurement across the LATAM region
• As we are a studio based company, experience working with physical productions is a plus
• Ability to read customers and make great judgement calls
• Patience and a desire to provide world class customer service
• Flexible and inclusive interpersonal and communication skills
• Provide thoughtful recommendations and ability to share differing perspective to challenge the status quo
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter that can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
• Ability to utilize root cause analysis to identify problems from symptoms and implement solutions inclusively with team and business partners
• Strategic technical and business thinking, taking calculated risks and able to pivot quickly
• Resilient in learning from mistakes and applying lessons quickly to new situations
• Skilled in discerning between need for leading and following, great self-awareness in strengths and weaknesses
• Experience partnering with external vendors
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
• Ability to partner effectively with business leaders and cross functional teams
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
• Capable of following and composing process and procedure documentation, training users in complex topics, and interacting positively with upper management
• Languages: English and Portuguese, Spanish (a plus)
Our culture is quite unique, and
Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 193+ million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages.