Software Engineer - Platform Modernization
Los Gatos, CA
New Grad Software Engineer (2024)
Who are we?
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 238 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries, feature films, and mobile games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
It's no secret that we want to entertain the world. In order to do that we first must hire and develop the best people, starting with recent college grads.
If you have a passion for solving challenging problems; building scalable, robust systems; love working with the latest technologies in a fast-paced, flexible environment; and are excited at the prospect of having a significant impact on software that over 238 million people use and love, then we want to talk to you.
Note: once you submit your application, you'll receive an email from email@example.com inviting you to finish your application by filling out an Airtable form. Your application won't be considered complete until you submit that form.
Who are you?
• Upcoming New Grad pursuing a BS/BA in a technical field such as Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or Statistics - with an expected graduation date around Spring/Summer 2024
• At least one relevant internship or school project experience
• Great problem-solving skills
• Curious and motivated learner
• Clear communicator - you are concise and articulate in speech and writing and practice active listening
• Coursework or relative experience with data structures, algorithms, and debugging (bonus if you've completed at least one of these courses: Distributed Systems, Web Development, Mobile Development, Network or Application Security, Machine Learning or AI).
• If you're fluent in another modern programming language that you don't see here, please still consider applying. If your programming skills and CS fundamentals are strong, we're happy to support you learning a language more widely used within Netflix
What could you learn?
• Building applications that solve complex business problems elegantly
• Designing scalable architecture and distributed systems
• Writing high-quality, performant, and industry-standard code
• Working closely with business stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
• Building UIs that are intuitive, engaging, and surface business insights for our partners
Don't meet every single requirement? That's ok! If you're excited about this role, but your experience doesn't align perfectly with every qualification in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways. You may be the right candidate for this or other roles.
At Netflix, we carefully consider a wide range of compensation factors to determine the New Grad top of market. We rely on market indicators to determine compensation and consider your specific job, skills, and experience to get it right. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary and will also be dependent on your location.
The overall market range for roles in this area of Netflix is typically $100,000 to $300,000.
This market range is based on total compensation (vs. only base salary), which is in line with our compensation philosophy. Netflix is a unique culture and environment. Learn more here.
We are an equal opportunity employer and celebrate diversity, recognizing that diversity of thought and background builds stronger teams. We approach diversity and inclusion seriously and thoughtfully. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, ancestry, national origin, caste, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, age, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic makeup, marital status, or military service.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpy850-3-214-184-223-42 in your application.