The Office and Creative Spaces (OCS) Reliability Engineering team designs, supports and maintains the services that connect Netflixers and our partners around the world.
The team's core pillars are Operational Excellence, Reliability and Scale, we strive to ensure a great quality of experience when using our infrastructure and services.
With over 100 sites globally deployed, we are rapidly changing how we design and operate our office, studio and movie production infrastructure. We are looking for an experienced Network Reliability Engineer to join our global team and be a steward of our evolution.
Be sure to review our culture page and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
This is an exciting opportunity as you'll have the ability to be transformative in the design and operation of our infrastructure.
You will work with internal engineering teams and external vendors around the world to deliver amazing technology experiences for our users. You will bring a strong operational background along with a broad set of technical skills and a software/automation focused mindset to solving complex distributed systems problems.
As a member of the team you will...
• Drive continual improvement in monitoring, configuration management, instrumentation and automation, the team's primary goal is to maintain highly scalable and reliable services worldwide
• Leverage infrastructure as code to operate and scale the environment
• Bring a data driven, service mindset to the team
• Be able to leverage distributed analytic processing technologies to provide service insights
• Partner with other support teams to continuously improve Netflixers' experience
• Preferred - BS in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering (or equivalent professional experience)
• Have expert-level knowledge at most networking technologies
• Have strong Service Reliability/Operational experience running large scale infrastructure
• Be curious and courageous
• Have an engineering, data driven mindset, be comfortable with coding
• Aim to always be learning new things, working in new spaces and share this passion with those around you
• Be able to work in a highly collaborative environment, to communicate effectively with internal and external partners and deal with ambiguity
• Be flexible and adaptable to our ever evolving ecosystem
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d293vy-34-231-243-21-42 in your application.