Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 220 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen.
The Open Connect Capacity Planning team is at the center of all efforts to ensure that there's always enough capacity so that our members always have a great entertainment experience. We provide long range planning by developing proactive strategies that are future compatible, and nimble enough to change course quickly. Working with the engineering and finance teams, Capacity Planning main tasks include: 1) translating demand forecasts into concise, actionable capacity plans, 2) managing utilization by providing reports and dashboards out to key stakeholders, and 3) provide data-driven analyses to continually optimize spend and ensure the platform is scalable far into the future.
The Open Connect Capacity Planning group is recruiting for a Network Capacity Planner to focus on hardware and IP backbone capacity planning.
Key tasks include:
• Translating forecasted demand from finance into actionable capacity plans
• Analyzing and modeling data to enhance operational efficiency as products, hardware architecture initiatives evolve
• Creating and managing yearly capacity plans for network hardware and IP backbone infrastructure
• Providing oversight and prioritization to ensure capacity arrives in a timely fashion
• Managing reporting and dashboards for overall network utilization, and identifying data needs required to improve reporting
• Continually working to refine workflows that enable the business to achieve alignment and efficiency
Who you are:
• A passion for answering questions with data driven solutions.
• Expertise with data modeling and visualization software and experience developing reports and dashboards
• Expertise in Excel, SQL, Tableau (or other Business intelligence software)
• Strong background using financial analysis for multi variable decision making
• Able to independently identify issues, analyze potential solutions, and drive resolutions
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and in writing and experience collaborating across the entire organization including engineering, finance, and product management
• The perspective that delivering results quickly, with iteration, is better than waiting for 100% perfection
• Expertise (or strong curiosity) in the internet ecosystem
• Preferred: IP backbone modeling tools (WAN Automation Engine, etc)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gkn10p-3-239-117-1-42 in your application.