Production Support Specialist
N-Tech, Remote Operations & Support - EMEA (Weekend Shifts)
Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any Internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix is on the hunt for a smart, motivated, and customer service centric individual to take on the role of Netflix Nerd, within the Remote Support team who will provide exceptional technical support to Netflix's corporate and production employee base. Nerds play a critical role inside the company, providing amazing technical support to our employees around the world, with a focus on increasing and enabling productivity.
As a Netflix Remote Support team member, you will be part of a team responsible for providing world-class 24/7 remote support, resolving and dispatching every technology issue that comes your way. You are an expert in all our internal and production office technologies and must ensure Netflix employees stay highly productive in the most secure environment possible.
These requests can come in via tickets, email, chat, video hangouts, phone calls, and automated alerts. This position will involve a multitude of operational tasks such as supporting cloud applications, remote troubleshooting, account and system administration, provisioning/deprovisioning accounts, training on applications and security practices, automating solutions for the team, and documentation.
Daily duties can consist of prioritizing, resolving, routing, and scheduling all incoming internal technology support incidents and requests. You will partner with cross-functional technology and operational teams to ensure requests are being resolved with great customer satisfaction. The Netflix Nerd must also set expectations with the ticket requester, and ensure all ticket information is logged correctly.
• Experience working on a technical support team or customer service environment
• Familiar with basic IT principles including incident and problem management
• Strong fundamental knowledge in networking protocols and troubleshooting
• Familiarity with distributed computing environment concepts; local and network-based user and group accounts and permissions
• Knowledge of best practices around data security
• Experience working with Active Directory
• Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications and SSO, including Google Apps for the Enterprise (Gmail, Calendaring, Drive, Sites, Groups and Google+)
• Google G-Suite administration a plus
• In-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform remote troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows, Linux, and various applications including Office
• Mobile device support including iPhone and Android
• Experience with endpoint management tools (Intune, Jamf) a plus
• Experience with knowledge management and knowledge base tools (Zendesk, Service Now, JIRA, Confluence) a plus
• Experience with supporting users remotely in a fast-paced environment
• Proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter who can initiate ideas and take ownership of work
• Ability to learn new technologies quickly and with minimal guidance
• Thrives on technical challenges and takes pride in solving them
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills both in person and remotely
• Capable of composing process, procedure documentation, and training users in complex topics
• Patience and a desire to provide world class customer service
• Ability to understand the needs of our employees and make great judgment calls
• Ability to prioritize and/or multitask competing initiatives
• Out of the box thinking with an ability to constantly improve
• Flexible schedule to accommodate 24/7 business needs
• Fluency in English and at least one other regional language would be advantageous