Digital Matte Painter
Los Angeles, CA
It's an amazing time to work at Netflix. We are bringing stories to millions of people worldwide through the promotion of our original and exclusive content. The Creative Studio's mission is to revolutionize the way we help stories find their fans, through the creation of world-class video, imagery, and experimental content, both on and off the Netflix platform.
The Creative Studio is looking for an experienced Motion Graphics Lead. In this role, you would be responsible for collaborating with our Creative Producers, AV and Design Leads to lead the creation of stunning and effective original design and animation assets such as trailers, date announcements, social spots, and more.
Reporting to the Manager of Creative Studio, you will join a team of creatives who are focused on comedy and non-fiction genres.
As the Motion Graphics Lead, you will not only be responsible for creating and leading motion graphics, but work with cross-functional teams to identify trends, best practices, and opportunities to create, scale and test new concepts.
You are a detail oriented individual who is experienced in managing more than one concurrent project in a high-speed, high-performance environment. You are a force of calm and good judgment as well as an adaptable person who revels in change and is a team player. You want to raise the bar creatively in a team-first environment.
- Collaborate with other GFX artists, editors, and producers on creative ideation and exploration, executing new designs and animation.
- Lead and/or partner with other Motion Graphic Artists on larger campaigns to effectively achieve the creative on a large scale.
- Communicate potential or discovered design and production issues/concerns to the team leads.
• 4+ years experience as an advanced Motion Graphics Artist in entertainment marketing.
• Strong design, typographic and animation skills a must!
• Strong knowledge of the Adobe Suite, project set-up
• Experience with designing original motion graphics from conceptual creative direction.
• 3-D Experience is a big PLUS but not required
• Strong communication skills are imperative, to aid in the fact that you will be working offsite and not able to sit down with your project lead and do a visual review and breakdown together.
• Attention to detail, demonstrates a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
• Self Managing Self-starter, with an ability to work autonomously offsite or onsite.
• Excellent organization and time management; able to prioritize large volume of work effectively and efficiently while hitting tight deadlines.
• Team player willing to jump in where needed in order to create top of the line assets.
• Contribute to a diverse, vibrant team dynamic while providing a personal perspective on creative.
• Proficient in Adobe Suite (After Effects, Photoshop, Adobe Fonts, etc.) and Cinema 4D a plus!
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of motion graphic design with an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge, and most importantly able to self-manage.
• You are a team player and collaborator, willing to jump into a project when needed in order to create top of the line assets while working alongside fellow top of the line creatives.