Senior Content Strategy Manager, Europe
Vice Media Group
London, United Kingdom
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 200 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns that pierce the zeitgeist and drive conversation. Read our culture memo to learn more about how we work at Netflix.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the marketing team for a Marketing Manager - International Original Films, based in London. This is a great opportunity to join a new team that leads the development of marketing and social media campaigns across a new slate featuring a diverse range of non-English language films positioned for global reception. Films include the recent Rose Island as well as the upcoming The Hand of God (dir: Paolo Sorrentino), Bigbug (dir: Jean Pierre-Jeunet), Blood Red Sky (dir: Peter Thorwarth), O2 (dir: Alexandre Aja, starring Melanie Laurent), Against the Ice (prod: Baltasar Kormákur, starring: Nikolaj Coster-Waldau), Munich (starring Jeremy Irons), and The Last Mercenary (starring Jean-Claude Van Damme).
In this role, you will be a key contributor and leader in strategising, executing and managing integrated marketing & social campaigns for different films. You will be a member of a small and nimble group of professionals based in our London office.
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven track record of building world-class creative and launching global campaigns for premium entertainment properties, that connect consumers to films and create a passionate following.
• Has deep knowledge in running a 360-campaign, from strategy development and building briefs, to creative execution (including AV/trailers, digital/social, print and out-of-home).
• Has a deep understanding of the social media landscape, and experience in establishing strong and out of the box social media strategies. Campaigns that build, nurture and maintain fan communities and manifest themselves in a unique tone of voice and culturally relevant and conversation-driving creative.
• Has experience with marketing shoots, from development of creative and campaign ideas, to planning and shoot execution (key art, A/V, and digital / social).
• Is a cross-functional leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals, and to see the cross-functional collaboration through launch.
• Is able to effectively communicate different facets of their campaigns to executives, filmmakers (or producers), talent and talent representatives (as needed).
• Has exposure to working on global campaigns, with attention to ''local'' markets (countries where the film's dominant language is spoken) and internationally. Ideally, this person would have a global IQ and/or be familiar with working with teams from different regional markets.
• Has a good understanding of marketing, social and media analytics and how to apply data to test and optimise campaigns.
• Has a native understanding of digital with an emphasis on mobile, social, video and display and an ability to tell stories through great ideas regardless of medium.
• Appreciates technology and can collaborate with our world class product team to integrate our campaigns within the member product experience.
• Is an effective collaborator in a fast paced, multifaceted environment. At times, we will have multiple launch campaigns happening at once.
• Lead on upcoming film launch campaigns for International Films -- from strategy development to creative execution, production and community management.
• Act as the central cross-functional liaison amongst internal teams (across region-based Marketing teams, PR, Product and Social), with a focus on managing workflow and being able to socialise, absorb, organise and address cross-functional feedback (where possible)
• Act as the main point of contact with agencies - hire, manage and give feedback to create the best campaigns.
• Have a holistic vision for leading campaigns, but also do the tactical day-to-day (brief writing, shoot planning, budgeting and managing overall campaign resources)
The successful candidate possesses:
• A minimum 8-10 years of experience at an entertainment marketing department, network/studio marketing/social team, or creative agency working on global campaigns (in strategy, Digital, Print and AV creative).
• Experience managing a high volume of campaign types in parallel, while collaborating with diverse, geographically-dispersed teams.
• Strong communication and analytical skills along with the ability to think strategically and creatively and a reasonable appreciation for the unknown.
• Passion for film is a must.
• Preferred: Fluency in one or more languages in addition to English (including but not limited to French, German, Italian, and/or Spanish)