As Netflix operations in India continue to grow and expand, we are looking to build out our VFX team and capability. We are looking for a passionate and talented VFX Manager to join our team and support our local projects in India. The successful candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a proactive and positive thinker, and able to exercise good judgment and initiative.
• Working with the Netflix Mumbai cross-functional team including and not limited to Creative, Production management, Post Production, Finance, Legals Executives as well as Producers and Showrunners across the lifespan of multiple series in different states of pre-production, production and post
• Bringing a strong voice to the table to influence early planning for VFX, to rationalize budget expectations and timelines
• To constantly educate and inform X-functionals about emerging technologies to help build more efficiency into VFX production, to steer and guide expectations to constantly raise the bar on output quality
• To align and determine on the level of touch a PSC and title require to ensure Production partners have as much guidance as necessary to a successful VFX delivery
• Working closely with PSCs, the DOP, DP and EPs to encourage adoption of good practices in VFX production, to embrace new technology and to become the trusted partner from concept to delivery of VFX
• Building new and maintaining existing relationships with vendors/talent in the region
• Constant 'ear to the ground' approach to map existing vendor and talent ecosystem, to help our PSC's determine the best talent and vendor combination for the title - including capacity and skill levels to address the demands of the project
• Constant data acquisition to forecast and plan for talent shortages and vendor expansion through mentoring programs and Resource Partnership Agreements (RPAs)
• Encouraging the growth of the talent pool in the region through assisted workshops and training modules.
• Technical understanding of the VFX process including 4K pipelines as well as emerging technologies for improving workflows
• Alignment and advancement of the VFX department workflow internationally in order to promote efficiency and transparency that supports the overall business goals of Netflix
• Investigate emerging technology and how to apply it to projects in order to achieve creative goals, and perform statistical analysis to understand financial implications and cost efficiencies
What You Bring:
• 10+ years of experience in VFX as a Supervisor or Producer
• Demonstrates experience or knowledge of vendors and production in India
• Repeat experience with bidding, breakdowns, overall scope assessment and budgets
• Demonstrated success managing multiple projects at different points of production
• Comfortability in highly volatile and creative environments
• Experience building or using production/budget tracking software and ease with Google Suite
• Highly tuned communication skills to interact meaningfully with X-functionals and PSCs
• Basic knowledge of Virtual Production will be a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rb1xjk-3-236-218-88-42 in your application.