It's an amazing time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment around the world. We have grown to over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries. We've become the largest entertainment studio in the world, creating new original content at an incredible pace. The Studio Innovation product team is front and center of this growth. We build software that fuels the production and creation of Netflix content. The studio finance UI team builds products to help Netflix optimize the money we spend producing world-class, award-winning, high quality, and diverse content.
We're looking for an Engineering Manager who can create a strong vision and viable roadmap as well as build and lead a team of world class software engineers. Production Finance UI team specifically focuses to provide operational excellence through developing and iterating a suite of financial applications that enables us to efficiently manage huge amounts of financial data provides us with a competitive advantage, enabling our studio to scale and show facing teams to do their very best work. You will help the team overcome technical and organizational challenges that come with the ever increasing volume and complexity of our productions while maintaining the accuracy and completeness of our contractual obligations.
Additionally, you will hire the best engineering talent and will lead a team of engineers to identify new ways to create products that drive impact in Production Finance. You will collaborate with product, design, and data science leaders to set a vision and chart a course ahead. A successful candidate will have the creativity to look at problems in new ways and the willingness to try new things, a hypothesis-driven mentality, a balance of creativity and analytic skills, and exceptional organizational leadership.
As a UI engineering manager at Netflix, a typical day might include the following:
• Having a 1-1 with an engineer on your team. Building your relationship by getting to know them better, shining a spotlight on their clear communication with a partner, coaching them through a conflict and diving deeper into unlocking new ideas to accelerate developer productivity.
• Preparing a discussion for your team meeting on topics ranging from empathy to execution.
• Recruiting. Identifying and reaching out to UI engineering candidates who might strengthen your team by bringing a diverse perspective your team is currently lacking.
• Leading a prioritization discussion with your product manager, backend engineering and design partners. Recommending projects we might slow down on in favor of accelerating others so we can unlock more value for our customers.
• Identifying risks, assigning ownership to engineers and clarifying what we are trying to achieve and next steps the team is accountable for.
• Partnering with product managers and data scientists to develop the metrics you'll use to measure success of a new product initiative.
What we are looking for
• Ability to build and motivate a diverse engineering organization to meet the needs of the Production Finance UI team
• Someone with a proven track record leading large cross-functional engineering initiatives, while being a thought leader with PMs and Designers
• Ability to work through ambiguous requirements and make decisions to push forward
• A great communicator
• Someone with a passion for enhancing the quality of the products your team builds
• Ability to work with stakeholders and tight-knit partners, many of them work out of the Studio Finance
• Ability to evaluate build vs. buy and licensing opportunities while balancing short term and long term perspectives
• Ability to foster a learn-fast mentality and collaborate with operational teams to roll out products to our talent, employees, and partners.
• Ability to work closely with data science and algorithm teams to generate insights and develop new ideas
• Someone who thrives in a healthy debate of ideas while balancing to communicate your vision and strategy broadly throughout the organization
What Can Set You Apart
• Experience building and shipping workflow-based enterprise applications
• Experience working in any studios
• You desire a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn8pem-34-239-160-86-42 in your application.