Associate, Content FP&A
Los Angeles, CA
We are seeking a Manager of Transaction Management as part of our growing Corporate Real Estate, Workplace Safety & Security team based out of our Los Angeles Headquarters. This leadership position will be responsible for managing and negotiating leases, licenses, real estate acquisition and disposition agreements while working closely with cross-functional teams within Netflix.
As a successful candidate, you would be passionate, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible and able to pivot when necessary. Additionally, you could demonstrate the ability to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and an unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-paced position that requires you to be a proactive and positive thinker, while also exercising good judgment and strong communication skills.
• Manage lease transactions from proposal through post closing activities that align with the business needs of the company
• Oversee and be responsible for delivering the best in class Netflix business terms in requests for information/proposals, letters of intent (LOI) and corporate lease contracts and agreements
• Partner with Legal and other cross-functional teams on the review and drafting of proposals, contracts, master service agreements and various ancillary real estate documents
• Establish and maintain real estate transaction communication with internal and external stakeholders in concert with overall business directives to support an aggressive growth strategy
• Partner with the teams responsible for design, construction & development, space and occupancy planning services to scope and support corporate and studio real estate needs
• Partner with Workplace and Design & Construction teams on projects ensuring comprehensive site and building due diligence, schedules, quality and cost
• Procure, coordinate and manage outside real estate brokers and other vendors in alignment with Netflix MSA's
• Provision consultants, vendors and suppliers in conjunction with design and construction and workplace operations for site due diligence
• Be the business subject matter expert for managed service agreements for brokers and real estate vendors
• Manage the financial elements of real estate transactions, partnering closely with SP&A, internal teams and external partners to deliver best in market transactions.
• Collaborate with cross-functional operations partners to determine the technical feasibility of incorporating specialty real estate spaces at various locations.
• Develop reports and presentations in conjunction with portfolio management for senior management, regarding real estate transactions
• Coordinate directly with Lease Administration on upcoming critical dates, lease expirations, rent payments, and other financial obligations associated with the leases.
• Coordinate with portfolio management and financial planning for transaction financial analyses for business cases, forecasting, budget preparation, lease accounting, scheduling of expenditures and variance analysis.
• 7-10 years experience in commercial real estate, with in-house corporate real estate experience preferred.
• Candidates will likely be in a senior executive role (i.e. Sr. RE Manager, Director or VP) level outside of Netflix.
• Strong preference for studio and entertainment-specific campus transactions management experience.
• Team player with an ability to supervise several projects in a fast paced environment.
• Strong financial acumen and analytical skills
• Global experience with complex real estate transactions, ground up development, land leases, subleases, build to suits, sale leaseback and synthetic leases.
• Established relationships with a global network of landlords, brokers, and studio vendors preferred.
• Proficiency in Google Docs, Sheets, Gmail, Gdrive, MS Word, and Excel a plus.
• Must thrive in a continuous learning environment and keep pace with current production processes and evolving business strategy.
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.