Senior Data Scientist - Studio Production Data Science & Engineering
Los Angeles, CA
As one of the largest content producers, Netflix Studio earned the most Emmy nominations and produced more films than any other studio. For the studio to continue to scale and produce quality content, various business teams in the Studio, Marketing, and Creative production work closely with Product partners to innovate and develop applications to support the studio operations.
In the role of Manager of Technical Solutions Development, you will be building and leading a group of Technical Solutions Developers focusing on understanding business users' use cases and developing a prototype, short-term and technical solutions for the Production org of the Studio. The Production org of the Studio consists of Physical Production Management, Post Management, VFX, and Animation. The partnership with production management, other engineering teams, and information security is equally important to stay highly aligned in addressing the Production org's technology needs.
With a strong background in software development in distributed systems architecture, you will provide technical guidance and inspire the team to make the best judgment around engineering practices as well as implementation directions.
You belong in this team if:
• You are passionate about building a well-balanced, high performing team by hiring top-talents with various experience and backgrounds.
• You are comfortable with driving high aligned goals and strategies with the business on project prioritization and roadmaps.
• You build a strong partnership with Product Management, Data Platform Engineering, and Content Engineering by collaborating effectively & selflessly.
• You are able to guide the team through proof-of-concept projects with the partnering engineering teams and strategize on implementing changes of tools/services as the team pivots for efficiency.
• You are excited about getting familiar with the available Netflix engineering resources and paved path tools and providing development guidance to the team based on the learnings.
• You enjoy mentoring and motivating team members to follow the best engineering practices and seek personal & technical growth opportunities.
• You are committed to collaborating and strategizing with peers to optimize inefficiencies in communication and solution implementation practices.
• 8-9 years of experience in full-stack development and familiar with Python, React, Nodejs, and Java including 4+ years of proven hands-on management experience of building & leading a talented group of developers.
• Experience in cloud-based deployments
• Passionate about problem-solving and working with engineering and non-engineering partners.
• Ability to translate technical concepts into languages that the audience (business stakeholders and engineering partners) with various levels of technical background can understand to influence decision making.
Bonus if you have experience with:
• Google G Suite APIs
• Amazon Web Services
• Building a relationship with the studio/marketing business users