Sr. Manager, Payments
Mexico City, Mexico
Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service, with more than 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries across the globe. Members can watch as much groundbreaking content as they want -- anytime, anywhere -- on any internet-connected device, all without commercial interruptions or contractual commitments!
As Netflix expands globally, we look for the best and brightest talent to scale with and contribute to our growth. That's where you come in!
We are seeking a Manager, Tax Compliance (México) to anchor the tax compliance function in our México City office. You will report to the Director of Tax, Americas in Los Gatos, California, and will be responsible for all aspects of tax compliance, provision and reporting related to our Mexican activities.
You are a curious, self starter who can collaborate effectively with cross-functional partners, you have a hands-on mentality, and you are eager to roll up your sleeves and make an immediate impact. You are also excited to join a high-performance culture built around freedom and responsibility.
Your primary responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Overseeing preparation of monthly VAT and income tax calculations and returns, as well as annual income tax returns
• Managing the review and reconciliation of tax and revenue accounts
• Timely filing all tax returns and mandatory disclosures throughout the year
• Responding to routine inquiries from the SAT
• Managing the company response to income tax and VAT audits by partnering with internal teams, external auditors, and tax advisors
• Supporting cross functional partners with electronic invoicing (''CFDI'') and tax compliance inquiries
• Researching complex tax issues and preparing technical documentation to support the company's tax positions
• Monitoring relevant changes in tax legislation, and assisting the Director in driving operational changes as required
• Embrace and advocate the Netflix culture and our long-term view
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting (CPA / Masters of Tax / Law a plus)
• 5+ years of relevant tax experience in public accounting and / or industry
• Extensive experience working with tax accounting and tax requirements in Mexico
• Extensive experience and mastery of all electronic invoicing (''CFDIs'') requirements
• Proven ability to work proactively, independently and accurately to meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Proven ability to drive process improvements
• Strong communications skills, and ability to nurture positive relationships and rapport with other teams/departments
• Fluent in Spanish and English