The Studio Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) group works with the Netflix Studio to develop the long term financial forecast for our operations. We partner closely with our business leaders to understand operational drivers and develop plans for the continued growth of our business.
We are currently looking for a Manager to lead FP&A support for our Studio in Sustainability planning. This role will serve as a critical and integrated business partner to Netflix's Sustainability team working with our Studio facilities management and production teams.
Netflix is committed to Sustainability and this role is key to meeting our targets. We have set a goal to achieve net zero greenhouse gas emissions by the end of 2022. In addition, we will reduce our internal emissions by 45% below 2019 levels by 2030. The ideal candidate will have financial acumen, creative problem solving and a passion for sustainability.
This position will reside within either the company's Los Angeles Offices.
• Manage the near-term and long-term P&L and cash forecasts coordinating activities across multiple business lines and stakeholder groups evaluating the impact of our sustainability investments.
• Enable comparisons across different mitigation measures in our greenhouse gas emission reductions portfolio using a range of metrics (such as DCF, NPV, ROI, cost per ton of reduction).
• Enumerate preferred investment approaches and options including considering cash flow impact of tax incentives and decarbonization impact.
• Develop KPIs, metrics and dashboards to track ongoing impact of sustainability investments and integrate reporting into our standard financial and investment planning.
• Prepare guidance and financial update materials for Studio leads, sustainability team, and FP&A consolidations team to identify potential shortfalls, surpluses and tradeoffs.
• Work with senior leadership within the Studio and Sustainability teams to translate strategic sustainability initiatives into a multi-year investment roadmap with complete cost and capital requirements.
• Thought partner to Studio and Sustainability executives as they lead negotiations with external entities.
• Prepare dynamic scenario analysis to facilitate discussion when faced with economic trade-offs.
• Synthesize large datasets to consumable executive summaries for key stakeholders.
• Drive improvements to current financial reporting and tooling resources for the department.
• Support the enhancement roadmap and roll-out for financial forecasting and budgeting systems/tools.
• Candidates are required to be highly analytical and be strong, effective communicators.
• Prior experience in financial planning & analysis in the entertainment industry, corporate finance, investment banking, sustainability or public accounting is preferred.
• Ideal candidates will have a proven track record of superior financial and strategic analysis and delivering actionable recommendations based on this analysis.
• Experience with tax incentives, carbon pricing, greenhouse gas accounting, and/or sustainability related project-level financial analysis is highly desirable.
• The successful candidate must display initiative in anticipating and exceeding the business demands of senior-level executives. One must thrive in a fast-paced environment and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. Candidates must be motivated, disciplined, flexible, and be able to work effectively autonomously.
• 10+ years of relevant experience. Prior experience in Sustainability, Media / Entertainment Financial Planning & Analysis preferred
• Experience leading and building teams
• Extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative financial analysis.
• Must have proficiency working with systems and automated reporting tools (i.e., Hyperion, SAP, Workday financials, etc.). Financial systems development/implementation experience is a plus.
• Superior proficiency with Excel and complex financial modeling
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• 4-year degree in a relevant field with strong academic performance, MBA preferred
• A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion and diversity, including demonstrated cross-cultural understanding and intelligence.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rejn28-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.