Director, Technical Production
Los Angeles, CA
Los Angeles, California
We are seeking a Studio Environmental, Health, and Safety (EHS) Manager to join our growing team. This role will be based in Los Angeles and will establish, implement, maintain and oversee programs to ensure compliance with environmental, occupational health, safety regulatory requirements, and industry standards for our Studios in the western US and Canada. As such, the applicant should have extensive experience and knowledge of the operation of a film & television studio, facility/vendor/contractor safety management, and comprehensive knowledge of production companies, vendors, and technology occupying the US market.
The successful candidate will be passionate, relational, collaborative, self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, thorough, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization and unwavering attention to detail at all times. This is a demanding and fast-moving position that requires someone who is a strong communicator, solution-driven, and able to exercise good judgment.
Responsibilities include by are not limited to:
• In consultation with appropriate stakeholder groups, direct the design, development, deployment, monitoring & review of EHS management systems, equipment, processes, and programs for our Studio Operations.
• Monitor, interpret, and assess existing or emerging EHS laws, regulations, regulatory policy, and industry practices to determine operational and business impacts.
• Customize, integrate and implement strategies, policies, programs, procedures, standards, training, processes, and actions to effectively manage applicable or relevant requirements.
• Work cross-functionally with security, backlot departments, studio operations, local fire, stakeholders, and peers to identify program improvements and provide solutions to improve the safety program.
• Manage project priorities and resources while building relationships with multiple partner teams.
• Respond to, and investigate emergencies, incidents, and accidents.
• Manage incident investigations to determine and implement root cause corrective actions.
• Leverage lessons learned and develop corrective/preventive measures
• Collect, measure and analyze metrics and performance, to discover trends for continuous improvement.
• Manage regulatory agency and external stakeholder EHS activities, including reporting, visits, or inspections.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with industry safety organizations, employee representatives, and governmental regulatory agencies as appropriate
• Significant proven experience in Environmental, Health, and Safety with a track record of increasing scope, responsibility, and complexity, preferably at a multinational company.
• Experience collaborating with a diverse cross-functional team, including senior internal partners, project managers, legal, labor, human resources, risk management, and workplace managers.
• Working knowledge of regional legal requirements, regulations, codes, standards, directives, and administrative policies), industry best practices, and EHS management systems.
• Experience prioritizing and managing multiple & technical assignments concurrently.
• Experience developing and implementing goals and strategies based on organizational goals.
• Ability to problem-solve, influence partners, and manage multiple day-to-day projects in a fast-paced environment.
• Positive, team-oriented, hands-on, adaptive, and client-focused attitude.
• Ability to work in a dynamic team, whose primary aim is to freely share knowledge, while expanding a vibrant global safety culture that encourages all to ''Netflix Safely''.
• Preferred Qualifications:
• Masters of Science degree in Environmental Science, Occupational Health & Safety, or a related discipline.
• Professional EHS certification (CSP, CIH, CHMM, etc.)
• Understanding of motion picture and television production processes including organizational structure, terminology, equipment, construction methods, stunt, and special effects techniques, etc.
• Experience partnering with studio operations teams, risk managers, loss control executives, and insurance underwriters
• Experience working with EHS Management software and common report tools
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gq52z6-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.