Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with over 247 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, films, and games across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can play, pause and resume watching, as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, and can change their plans at any time.
We are the Netflix DACH Social Marketing team. A team of storytellers, social media strategists, brand marketing experts, and creative producers, all of us huge fans of entertainment and popular culture. We make content that celebrates our shows and talents and brings communities together over shared passions.
We are looking to fill the role of a Social Marketing Manager in the DACH Social Marketing team. As a Social Marketing Manager, you'll be creating content that drives conversation around Netflix titles, and have a skill for bringing these stories into the social zeitgeist through best-in-class creative.
We are seeking a highly driven, self-motivated social media expert who lives & breathes TV and films following global trends as well as the DACH entertainment landscape and local culture. You are an excellent communicator, strategist and creative. This job will require you to juggle many different kinds of short- and long-term tasks including coordinating with different parts of the company, defining high-level strategy for titles, managing agencies, budgets, productions, assets, and much more. Above all, you know exactly how to thrill and excite audiences on social media, have a strong platform and creator knowledge, great ideas, and the passion, energy, and ambition to see it all through.
This role is based in Berlin and reports to the Head of Social Marketing, DACH
• Execute and contribute to the Netflix DACH Social Marketing strategy with a focus on audience growth, engagement and brand love, bringing your deep knowledge of organic and paid best practices to effect.
• Social Media Marketing: You'll be working with our Title Marketing and PR teams to create unique and exciting campaigns in support of our TV shows, films, Reality Shows and Documentaries. From fast-turnaround reactive to high-production big swings, you'll make social media content that gets people talking for the duration of the campaign.
• Be a confident creative partner and manager for our 360° social media agency, setting context, steering and briefing them, providing feedback, guidance and inspiration and enabling them to create their best work for us across all platforms.
• You'll be working with PR, Event and Marketing partners to ensure we're capturing class-leading content with our stars, talent, creators and fans, jumping into press junkets, content days, Netflix events, marketing activations and industry events.
• Process, manage and distribute content assets seamlessly across multifaceted tools and stakeholders. Experiment and innovate with content, take risks with what you're creating; be ambitious and original.
• You'll work with all areas of the business, ensuring everyone is updated on the status of our social media campaigns and platforms, and keeping everyone up to date on trends and innovations.
We are looking for someone who:
• You've got 5+ years of leading multiple-platform social campaigns and delivering nuanced, insight-based social strategies ideally hailing from an entertainment industry background.
• You've got 5+ years of developing cutting-edge organic and paid social creative. When it comes to success, you're intentional with what you want to achieve with each piece of content - be it driving impressions, driving engagement, or both.
• You have a deep knowledge of the DACH social media landscape, both in terms of platforms as well as the creator ecosystem.
• You're confident with talent. When on a shoot you're able to direct and prompt to ensure the vision you went in with is brought to life in the best way it can be.
• You're able to monitor social and cultural trends and pivot creatively when needed.
• You have an entrepreneurial spirit and are highly collaborative - you love working with others, and aren't afraid to lead or follow.
• You've got excellent written and verbal communication skills in German and English.
• You've got experience using both data and intuition to make content that grabs attention. You know how to use social media analytics, but you aren't afraid to take risks.
• You know how to prioritise your time and budget to focus on the most impactful work
• You've got experience managing external agencies and partners
• You're confident in speaking up, and have experience working as part of a cross-functional team. You're able to hear and understand feedback.
• You've got a high tolerance for change, and the capacity to accomplish enormous amounts of work in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment.
• You respect, understand, and appreciate the Netflix culture.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gpo73x-34-204-169-230-42 in your application.