Manager, Post Production, Live Action
Manager, Risk & Intelligence - APAC (East Asia Focus)
Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
The Production Security & Intelligence Team supports our corporate and studio functions globally, including Netflix Original Productions across all verticals. This Seoul or Tokyo-based role will report to the APAC Director of Production Security & Intelligence based in Singapore.
The role will be instrumental in assessing risks associated with an evolving content acquisition strategy and ensuring a safe experience for our production and talent across APAC but with a focus on East Asia. You will holistically assess risk through all stages of acquisition, development, production and launch, partnering with Content, Production, Security Operations, Public Policy, Legal and Comms/Publicity colleagues. You thrive best in a high-performance culture that is fast-paced, dynamic and self-directed.
• Provide security and intelligence guidance and analysis to key production partners.
• Strategically and proactively identify and respond to global security and geopolitical events/trends to keep Netflix productions and talent safe, secure and resilient
• Identify and engage with relevant regional stakeholders, develop the regional source portfolio, and disseminate intelligence to support the wider business
• Support creatives throughout the content lifecycle, helping to identify and mitigate possible security concerns
• Produce risk analyses throughout the production lifecycle; brief production stakeholders on assessments and provide guidance as the situation changes
• Investigate threats impacting productions and talent, support the immediate stabilization and management of security incidents, and manage and liaise directly with security vendors
• Minimum of 10 years of relevant experience, which can include security, intelligence, military, journalism, diplomacy, or NGO; with a focus on security/geopolitical issues
• Advanced degree in International Relations/Political Science, Journalism, Security or related field
• Experience living/working in Japan or South Korea; regional expertise and Japanese, Korean or Mandarin language fluency required.
• Experience with production, media/entertainment, or content creation a plus
• Familiarity with open-source and social media monitoring techniques
• Broad knowledge of politics, social issues and cultural trends across East Asia; demonstrated interest in wider global affairs
• Refine the company's regional geopolitical risk perspective and provide analysis of global security incidents
• Maintain an awareness of geopolitical/risk trends affecting the entertainment sector
• Communicate relevant strategic analysis and forecasting to key stakeholders
• Interact with a wide range of stakeholders, from law enforcement and intelligence agencies to embassies and creative professionals
• Travel regionally and internationally as required (approximately 25%)
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxo1zo-3-80-3-192-42 in your application.