Netflix aspires to provide great entertainment for people everywhere from the world's best creators across TV series, films, documentaries, comedy and more. Our members have control over what they watch, when and where, all with no commercials. It's an amazing time to join the Netflix team as we continue to transform entertainment.
About the Role
We are looking to hire a creative self-starter who loves, lives and breathes entertainment, to support our publicity team based in Toronto. Someone who is a champion for Canadian content and creators from all backgrounds. You will have a deep understanding of how to develop impactful and strategic publicity campaigns, and to conceptualize and actualize creative ideas. You are inspired by creative single title and multi title storytelling, and outside-the-box campaigns that spark conversations about our titles.
You'll need to be curious but cool under fire - able to build and maintain stellar relationships with internal and external partners. And you will need to be able to work with both functional and cross functional partners, and represent the company amongst both press and members of our talent community.
Based in Toronto and reporting to the Head of PR for Canada, this role will also serve as strategic partner to country and business leaders.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given the pace at which we operate;
• A willingness to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally;
• A love of trying new things-- innovation drives growth;
• High standards in everything you do (we aspire to be excellent);
• Excellent written and oral communication skills;
• Ability to prioritize is essential, along with right sizing and scaling priorities;
• Willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done alongside your team and partners;
• To be a role model of inclusion and candour (per our cultural values); and
• The confidence and skills to both effectively communicate and foster strong relationships with people at all levels internally and externally.
• Work with the Head of PR to set the title and country publicity strategy for campaigns that tie our titles and talent to our brand;
• Act as a strategic thought partner to cross-functional teams, including establishing strong relationships with content leads and teams around the world;
• Increase and encourage team collaboration with cross-functional partners such as events, marketing and social teams;
• Identify key challenges and early positioning to inform campaign and country level strategy;
• Work with the team to develop cultural moments for our content across all relevant genres that are locally relevant and resonate with our consumers;
• Proactive and curious approach to understanding upcoming global and local series content slates and initiatives across verticals to inform publicity and talent strategies.
• The successful candidate will likely:
• 7+ years experience in publicity, media and/ or agency, studio or TV network;
• Deep knowledge of the entertainment industry and experience developing, overseeing and executing high profile publicity campaigns;
• Familiarity with the media landscape in Canada;
• Existing relationships with key media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists;
• Ability to work proactively, independently and juggle multiple tasks at once;
• Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work successfully with multiple teams; and
• Proficiency in French.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d89n9x-3-234-211-61-42 in your application.