Counsel, Animation Business & Legal Affairs
. Netflix is seeking a Public Policy expert for the Sub - Saharan Africa region. This is a full-time position located at our Amsterdam Office and will report directly to the Director of Public Policy, Sub-saharan Africa
The Head of Public Policy for Southern Africa will work to ensure that the policy and regulatory environment remains conducive to the growth of our business in the region's priority markets. This will include educating and raising the awareness of stakeholders, providing thought leadership on policy issues of concern to us, advocating for our position with policy stakeholders by collaborating with industry partners and associations.
In this role you will:
• Identify, monitor and analyze relevant policy and regulatory trends, legislative proposals, relevant news, and developments in the government space which may have an impact on Netflix.
• Help colleagues across Netflix understand the impact that potential changes to policies in the Sub-Saharan region, and our priority markets, may have on our business and their respective functions, and work cross functionally with key relevant stakeholders; including Content, Legal, Product and Communications, to strategically align on various policy objectives
• Develop and maintain relationships with a diverse set of public and private sector stakeholders to educate them about Netflix and build support for our policy positions
• Communicate Netflix's public positions on key policy issues to policymakers, and to external stakeholders
• Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology and media community, and serve as a representative of Netflix in relevant trade groups or other industry bodies
• Hold direct engagements with key policy, regulatory, legislative and industry stakeholders to support Netflix's policy advocacy on key issues
• Conduct research work to support Netflix's policy advocacy; coordinate Netflix's input into consultation processes and regulatory submissions as and when required
• Provision of day-to-day support to the broader Sub Saharan Africa policy team as may be required
To be considered for this role, you must have:
• Proven experience in a policy-related role in either a government organization, legislative body, policy consulting firm, policy research institute or in-house government relations department
• Strong industry knowledge - an in-depth understanding and keen curiosity of the internet, media and entertainment industries
• Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strong research and analytical skills, ability to work well under pressure, and ability to collaborate with multiple teams simultaneously
• An ability to cover a broad range of issues and work with a network of consultants, lawyers, and other partners
• Track record of successfully executing cross-functional projects
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English Language.
• Proficiency in French would be an added advantage
• Experience working in other parts of SSA beyond Southern Africa would also be a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx7ezq-44-192-54-67-42 in your application.