Counsel, Music Business & Legal Affairs
With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Netflix is seeking a Public Policy Manager, Korea. The role will be based in Seoul and report to the Head of Public Policy in Seoul. The Public Policy Manager will work to ensure that the policy and regulatory environment remains conducive to the growth of our business in the market. This will include educating and raising the awareness of stakeholders, providing thought leadership on policy issues of concern to us, and advocating for our position with policy stakeholders by collaborating with industry partners and associations.
• Monitor policy changes, relevant news, and developments of the government which may have an impact on Netflix. Gather and analyze intelligence on policy and regulatory developments in Korea.
• Help colleagues across Netflix understand the impact that potential changes to policies in Korea may have on our business and their respective functions
• Develop relationships with a diverse set of public and private sector stakeholders to educate them about Netflix and build support for our policy positions.
• Develop and maintain relationships with public policy representatives across the technology and media community, and serve as a representative of Netflix in relevant trade groups or other industry bodies.
• Work closely with our global teams to strategically align on various policy objectives.
• At least 7+ years of experience in a policy-related role in either a government organization, legislative body, policy consulting firm, policy research institute or in-house government relations department.
• Strong industry knowledge - an in-depth understanding and keen curiosity of the internet, telecom, media and entertainment industries.
• Demonstrated and thoughtful business judgment, strong research and analytical skills, and ability to work well under pressure.
• An ability to cover a broad range of issues and work with a network of consultants, lawyers, and other partners.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Korean.