Netflix is a global company, and we are building a globally distributed creative studio to make more of our own content to bring joy to every one of our members. Producing content at scale is a complicated creative process that involves many steps taken by many creative and operational teams. With these teams scattered across the globe, it's the infrastructure, tooling, and automation we provide that keeps them connected, creating, and sharing. To be successful, we strive to support the creative process and stay out of the artist's way.
The Production Systems Engineering team builds and supports systems solutions to unblock artists at NetFX and Netflix Animation Studios (NAS). Specifically, the focus areas include content creation applications, rendering, storage, remote workstations, and enabling artists to collaborate globally. In addition, we work closely with peer engineering teams in Digital Production and Animation Technologies, Platform Engineering, and the other central engineering teams at Netflix to integrate new products into the studio.
About the Role:
We're seeking a Manager to lead the systems engineers dedicated to NetFX and the software engineers focused on infrastructure common to NetFX and NAS. This role will also partner closely with the Director of Production Systems Engineering to ensure solutions best serve NetFX and NAS. You will be trusted by your team and the organization to make impactful decisions, provide support through mentorship and coaching, and contribute to a safe and inclusive working environment.
• Leadership: lead, and grow a team of engineers leveraging cloud technologies to build the foundations of the global studio.
• Vision: influence product design and implementation to deliver cutting-edge functionality to artists.
• Strategy: define an operations strategy in collaboration with product engineering teams, studio production teams, and technical support teams.
• Inclusion: create an environment where different backgrounds, cultures, industry and life experiences are embraced and valued.
• You have had multiple experiences leading and building customer-centric and innovative technical teams, including systems and software engineers.
• You are an expert in fostering strong partnerships and collaborating cross-functionally with Production and Engineering teams.
• You have a solid foundational understanding of IT infrastructure, networking, remote/virtual desktop technology, cloud computing, as well as familiarity with DevOps and data analytics tools.
• You are very familiar with the data access patterns of digital content creation workflows and rendering orchestration in the context of visual effects and animation studios.
• You have led through ambiguity and are comfortable making decisions despite incomplete information and/or requirements.
For more information on what it's like to work at Netflix, please take a look at our culture memo!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rv7npn-3-236-68-118-42 in your application.