Associate, Content Strategy & Analysis
Los Angeles, CA
Systems and digital tools are critical to the success of the Global Netflix Production Finance team. With over 200 production finance executives around the world, thousands of accountants managing thousands of shows across different formats, languages and countries, the success of the studio depends upon having access to an interconnected studio ecosystem containing accurate financial information to inform and influence content decisions.
Developing and iterating a suite of financial tools that enables us to efficiently manage huge amounts of financial data provides us with a competitive advantage, enabling our studio to scale and show facing teams to do their very best work. This requires having a dedicated Manager with functional expertise in production finance to be the informed captain for the Global Production Finance team, to help develop and prioritize goals and ensure planned roll outs are executed at the highest standards and scheduled milestones are achieved. This individual will also be a key partner to the product, engineering and UI teams in the development and roll out of these tools and how these tools interface with the broader studio ecosystem.
Role and Responsibilities
• Be the primary point of contact for the Global Production Finance team for systems, tools and innovation informed by a small working group of Netflix Production Finance executives each focusing on specific areas of production finance across all formats and geographies
• Be the primary Global Production Finance point of contact for production finance systems, tools and innovation for the Netflix Product Management, UI and Engineering teams
• In collaboration with the Product Team, help drive short, mid and long term strategy to best optimize studio and show facing workflows and increase efficiency within the Netflix production finance and studio technology ecosystem
• Ensure Production Finance and cross functional partners are highly aligned on production finance tool development priorities and schedules
• Assist with the design, implementation and execution of the short, mid and long term systems and tools strategic plan including determining when to build, buy or lease
• Meet with global Production Finance leadership on a regular basis to present ideas, and provide updates on new technology, developments and execution progress
• Effectively communicate goals, plans, status and any other news and updates to the Netflix Production Finance teams and cross functional partners as necessary
• Research and present on new production accounting software and developing technology
• Broad and expert level understanding of show level Production Accounting preferred
• Knowledge of multiple production formats and production lifecycle
• Ability to identify labor intensive areas within the current workflow pipeline that can be systematized or areas that can be better optimized, integrated or up levelled to significantly increase the value of the output
• Self motivated, solution orientated and able to collaborate and drive studio technological efforts
• Highly passionate about technology, innovation and forward thinking
• Prior experience developing integrated workflows over an entire development cycle at a major studio or one of the major payroll companies preferred
• This role to be based in Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dy7vv0-34-236-187-155-42 in your application.