About Production Finance:
The Production Finance team at Netflix is responsible for estimating and managing the production costs throughout the lifecycle of each production and provides insight and analytics to inform decision-making. The team understands the operations of a production and guides each project through its financial workflows required for a successful launch on the service.
We are looking for a Manager to join Netflix's Production Finance team for DACH (Germany, Austria and Switzerland) with a focus on Fiction. This role will work closely together with the Production Finance Manager Lead, the Production Finance team and cross-functional teams (Creative, Physical Production, Post, VFX and BALA) protecting company financial exposure through production oversight and controls.
The Production Finance Manager will be tasked with supporting our continuously growing slate on a day-to-day basis and providing consistency for our internal and external partners.
This Manager will be part of a highly aligned cross-functional team that moves quickly within a constantly changing environment. This is an exciting opportunity to work on Netflix Original content for the region such as Dark, Shiny Flakes: The Teenage Drug Lord, Barbarians, 1899 and How to sell Drugs (Fast). This role will be based out of our Berlin office. We are looking for someone with production accounting experience on higher budget projects.
• Comprehensive daily support for the Production Finance Team
• Work effectively and decisively within the Netflix team to manage third party production companies who are producing Netflix local content
• Implementation of best practices of financial control and cash management for our partner
• Skilled in estimating and analysis
• Analyzing and reviewing cost reports and budgets for tracking throughout the life-cycle of a production, including communication with third party production companies on eventual variances
• Presentation of project reports to internal cross-functional teams
• Facilitate communication with external production accounting teams
• Inform internal cross-functional teams with project updates
• University degree and a minimum of seven years work experience in finance or accounting
• Bi/multilingual proficiency with an emphasis on English
• Proficiency in Excel and proven experience with various software applications
• Strong understanding of all of the financial elements needed to bring an original production to life. An ideal candidate needs to be familiar with everything included in a production budget.
• Knowledge in production accounting/financial systems
• Ability to identify potential hurdles for our productions and help to keep a project on track
• The ideal candidate must thrive in a fast-paced environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, a focus on generating results and exhibit the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Candidates must be self-motivated, disciplined, highly organized, and able to prioritize multiple tasks
• High aptitude and enthusiasm for complex problem solving and analysis
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Passion for entertainment and finance is a must
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn819m-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.