This is a great opportunity to join a team that is spearheading and handling publicity campaigns for the world's leading entertainment-on-demand service, with a chance to work on films from the brightest filmmakers and actors around the world. The PR Manager will be based in London and will work as part of the UK PR team. The role will report to the Publicity Director.
The PR Manager will work across films & documentary features. They will drive innovative UK PR campaigns for films that span across all genres from action blockbusters to rom-coms, documentary features, kids and family to animation.
We are looking for someone who has experience in delivering high impact campaigns that aren't reliant on talent access - someone who has driven earned and social media coverage through successful implementation of stunts/news agenda grabbing ideas. Ideally, the right candidate will have some experience working with kids and family focused titles and/or an awards team to deliver against an awards film strategy but neither experience is essential.
The successful candidate will think strategically, have a very creative approach and will deliver high calibre campaigns, working well within a wider cross-functional team. This person is a do-er and loves the thrill of seeing hard won coverage! They will be able to communicate priorities and present clear goals to stakeholders and of course, have excellent media contacts across the media landscape. We are particularly looking for someone experienced in working with influencers to help deliver a well rounded campaign.
The ideal candidate will have a strong work ethic and understand the market. They will also not be afraid to challenge prevailing assumptions, and suggest better approaches; they will make tough decisions without agonising and will be candid and direct. They are scrappy, unafraid to jump in and handle tasks at all levels and they thrive in an environment void of bureaucracy and layers.
The day to day responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, formulating and implementing film publicity strategies in the UK/IE, writing press releases, managing set visit nominations, scheduling international junkets, creative brainstorming, liaising with journalists, influencers, talent representatives and talent, implementing screening strategy and managing agencies on key campaigns.
The successful candidate will likely:
• Have 8+ years of experience in the film/entertainment genre
• Possess a keen understanding of new and traditional media.
• Be able and willing to think on an international level
• Be able to understand and comfortably interpret business and technology issues.
• Be a clear and concise communicator
• Have excellent media relationships and experience executing a PR strategy and work well across disciplines to execute campaigns.
• Be able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously under deadline and thrive in a high energy, fast-paced environment.
• Have experience managing agencies, be effective in dealing with talent, talent reps, journalists and other media influencers.
• Some international travel may be required.
The Netflix culture attracts individuals who exhibit good judgment, innovation, selflessness, courage, impact, candid communication, passion and curiosity. A commitment to embrace and advocate for inclusion is essential.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gw95jy-54-227-97-219-42 in your application.