Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with more than 200 million paid memberships in over190 countries. Our members can enjoy TV series, documentaries, and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages and can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere without commercials or commitments. Powered by a work culture that is focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join the team spearheading innovative payment solutions for the world's biggest internet entertainment network, serving series and film content every day around the world.
We are looking for a strong leader who will be responsible for our consumer payments strategy in the North East Asia (NEA) region. Just as Netflix works to provide the best entertainment experience possible, our team ensures that the customer's payment experience is best-in-class. You will work with internal and external partners and lead our efforts to identify new opportunities, build business cases for new partnerships and payment methods and optimize payments program performance in NEA. You will work cross-functionally to ensure consumer payments run smoothly across the region and the method of payments offered are in line with the preferred way people pay for the segments we are targeting and our business model. This role is based in Japan and will report to the Head of Payments, APAC (Singapore).
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Build and maintain our relationships with card schemes and payment providers and industry bodies in North East Asia (Japan, Korea, Taiwan, and Hong Kong)• • Identify new opportunities to onboard new payment methods that can deliver scale
• Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (engineering, data science, finance, policy, CS, legal, etc.) to build a best-in-class payment program
• Coordinating with internal teams and external partners to fine-tune existing payment processes, investigate issues as they arise, and track issues to resolution
• Working with analytics teams to monitor, create, and maintain payment operational metrics, monitor and influence trends
• Drive launches of new payment providers, payment methods, etc.
• Language requirements: English and Japanese fluency is required, and Korean and Mandarin language skills are a plus
• Experience in the payments industry or in an online business with a focus on enabling payments, especially with recurring, card-not-present use cases
• Established network with issuers, card schemes, acquirers, and processors
• Experience leading payment or fintech projects from ideation to launch
• Demonstrated understanding of project management, and ability to work with engineers to prioritize efforts and achieve high impact outcomes
• Critical thinker with top-notch problem-solving skills and high attention to detail
• Highly analytical with an ability to make data-driven decisions and translate identified opportunities into actionable changes
• Clear, effective communicator
• Able to remain highly organized in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment, and comfortable with ambiguity
• Excited and curious about being involved in payments and the prospect of delivering high-quality entertainment throughout the world
• Possessing a high level of intellectual curiosity, focused on generating results, and exhibiting the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics
• Motivated, disciplined, self-driven, and able to work autonomously
• Familiarity with the local market landscape, culture, and payments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj28ee-18-204-227-34-42 in your application.