With over 200 million streaming members worldwide, Netflix is leading a deep transformation in the entertainment business. Powered by a work culture that is focused on high performance and continuous improvement, this is a great opportunity to join the team spearheading innovative payment solutions for the world's biggest internet entertainment network, serving series and film content every day in 190 countries.
We are looking for a strong leader who will be responsible for our consumer payments strategy in the Sub-Saharan Africa region. Just as Netflix works to provide the best entertainment experience possible, our team ensures that the customer's payment experience is best-in-class. You will work with internal and external partners and lead our efforts to identify new opportunities, build business cases for new partnerships and payment methods and optimize payments program performance in SSA.
• Build and maintain relationships across the payments industry in SSA including issuers, card brands, processors, PSPs, mobile money and wallets operators, other APM providers.
• Optimizing and fine tuning Netflix's card processing in the region and working closely with issuers and card brands to roll out new initiatives (account updater, tokenization, etc.).
• Identify new opportunities to onboard new payment methods that can deliver scale.
• Working cross-functionally throughout the organization (Engineering, XD, Data Science, Finance, CS, Legal, etc.) to build a best-in-class payment program for SSA.
• Owning key payment metrics for the region and deriving actionable insights into improving customer experience, performance, and processing costs.
• A senior payments expert with deep expertise in South Africa, Nigeria, and Kenya markets; knowledge of other markets in the region will be a plus.
• You are able to speak about payments trends, consumer preferences, and regulation in these markets and have experience in the payments industry or in an online business with a focus on enabling payments.
• Ability to make data-driven decisions and translate identified opportunities into actionable changes.
• Broad and strong relationships across the payments ecosystem.
• Outstanding analytical and communication skills.
• Ability to engage, listen, and collaborate with internal teams to align from ideation through execution to launch.
• You feel comfortable informing and evaluating technical engineering discussions.
• Excited and curious about being involved in payments and the prospect of delivering high-quality entertainment throughout the world
• Possessing a high level of intellectual curiosity, is focused on generating results, and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
• Motivated, disciplined, self-driven, and able to work autonomously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj243e-3-236-98-69-42 in your application.