Netflix's Music Creative & Production (MCP) team is seeking a Manager to join our dynamic Music Creative team focused on our Series content. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing, global team.
MCP provides premiere music support to our productions and Netflix cross-functional partners by leveraging relationships and guiding the music creative, scoring, and budgeting process from development to launch. Our goal is to empower Netflix to entertain the world by deepening fan engagement and amplifying storytelling through music.
Responsibilities & Skills
• Experience: 10+ years either as a Music Supervisor or in-house Music Executive at a studio
• Read development scripts and create appropriate music budget for overall series pattern
• Collaborate with showrunners, producers, studio creative, physical production, and post-production executives to oversee and execute music objectives for the project
• Suggest Music Supervisor, Executive Music Producer, Songwriter, and/or Composer shortlist, collect and curate reels to present to Exec Producers, and help schedule composer meetings. Collaborate with Music Business & Legal Affairs (BALA) on music hires
• Manage on-camera performances in collaboration with Music Supervisor and Music Production team - including clearance, pre-records, on-set production, and post-production requirements
• Work with Post, Music Editor, and Composer to develop a music post schedule that coincides with series post timelines and adhere to said schedule
• Give creative notes on score to the Composer and help manage the score note process between the showrunner, producer(s), creative executive(s), and composer
• Collaborate with Music Production ( when applicable)
on scheduling and supervising scoring sessions to ensure they are running on time and on budget
• Advise the music supervisor as they are in the process of song selection as it relates to creative studio approvals and budget
• Guide the soundtrack partner selection process based on offers, partnership strengths, and roster
• Align with Music Development and Music BALA and advise on the structure and funds of a soundtrack deal
• Steer the curation of the soundtrack both creatively, legally, and fiscally
• Be the conduit between soundtrack label and Netflix cross-functional partners to procure the highest synergy of assets and rollout including music videos
• Collaborate on soundtrack marketing and release with label
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d92kk7-35-172-223-251-42 in your application.