It's an exciting time to work at Netflix!
ARE YOU THE CANDIDATE?
We are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate entertainment and advertising lawyer to join our Latin American Marketing Legal team, based in our Mexico City office. This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a team who support the marketing and publicity teams as well as our paid social and media buying teams on all facets. In this role, the successful candidate will have experience in the entertainment industry and will be able to advise on rights and restrictions, drafting and negotiating contracts and conducting campaign activation and creative review.
The successful candidate's responsibilities will include supporting key markets (e.g., Mexico, Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Chile) on general marketing and entertainment legal matters such as the following: drafting and negotiating marketing agreements, including marketing partnerships with 3rd party brands, advising on talent and other rights approvals, advertising creative clearance (i.e. advising on creative concepts, copy and activations), handling contentious and regulatory matters, contests/sweepstakes, and conducting training/workshops to help increase efficiency and legal IQ. Come and help us execute the most innovative marketing ideas!
The successful candidate will have:
• 5+ years of relevant experience as a lawyer, contracts manager or equivalent. In-house experience at a movie/production studio/entertainment company and/or advertising/creative agency.
• Legal experience in Mexico and/or other countries in the region is required. Spanish and English fluency required. Portuguese proficiency is a plus.
• Substantial experience in negotiating and drafting various marketing and content production related agreements (e.g. non-disclosure agreements, agency master services agreements, production services agreements, statements of work, talent/influencer agreements, event and sponsorship agreements).
• Experience reviewing and providing guidance on marketing activations, contests/sweepstakes, promotions, talent agreements, creative review, rights analysis, credit and guild issues, intellectual property and clearance issues associated with marketing materials for all media, including digital and social media.
• Expertise required in marketing, advertising and entertainment law. This role will report into the Director, Marketing Legal of LatAm based in Mexico City.
The successful candidate will also possess the following:
• Strong analytical capabilities and judgment.
• High degree of professional ethics and integrity.
• Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written), which include the ability to thoughtfully yet concisely communicate with legal and non-legal stakeholders.
• Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced, high performance environment.
• Strategic thinking and strong problem solving skills and the ability to manage conflicting priorities efficiently.
• Excellent organizational and records management skills.
• Flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
• Willingness to tackle new subjects outside of areas of expertise and take on special projects as the need arises.
• Flexibility to work across different time zones and ability to travel (e.g. within Latin America and to the US)
• Willingness to be part of Netflix´s unique culture.
HAVE YOUR HEARD ABOUT OUR CULTURE?
This is a fantastic opportunity to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment in Latin America! The ideal candidate will welcome the opportunity to be part of a dynamic, innovative and collaborative organization, shall be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, will not be afraid to be challenged and must be excited and inspired by the Netflix culture! Have you read until here? Are you our candidate?
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gx353o-35-173-234-169-42 in your application.