Senior Pricing Strategy Quantitative Researcher
Los Gatos, CA
Netflix has a newly formed internal communications function to help teams communicate more effectively with each other and with employees at large. Today, as the company has grown to nearly 8,000 people, across every region of the globe, we're looking to hire a creative self-starter to help manage our communications for the Product organization. The Product teams focus on innovating how storytelling is produced, discovered and enjoyed around the world. This role is based out of Netflix's Los Gatos office and reports to the Director of Internal Communications.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given this is an entirely new role and function;
• A willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (you must love writing and storytelling!);
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and working with a wide variety of internal partners;
• To work well in an engineering environment where they can be a trusted partner and adviser to disparate teams across multiple disciplines;
• A passion for helping people and a curiosity about different cultures;
• The ability to think from first principles, challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally; and
• A dislike of hierarchy and bureaucracy but also an understanding that some structure - as well as the ability to plan - is needed to effect change.
Given this is a new role in a new function, we're open to people with different experiences: for example, from communications (internal or external), human resources or operations. However, you would need to have a minimum of 5-7 years work experience, and a background in product/technology communications is a plus.
Key to this role is ensuring that:
• There is more proactive communication within the organization, including what the strategic priorities are and how employees' work fits into it;
• Teams communicate important updates with cross-functional partners in a consistent and organized way; and
• Leaders have the support they need in communicating with employees.