Netflix has a newly formed internal communications function to help teams communicate more effectively with each other and with employees at large. Today, as the company has grown to nearly 10,000 people, across every region of the globe, we're looking to hire a creative self-starter to help manage our communications for the Finance and Operations organization.
Finance and Operations (FinOps) includes a wide variety of teams - from Finance to Workplace Operations to Employee Health and Security - which all serve as critical support partners for the entire organization.
Key to this role is ensuring that:
• Functions that do regular employee communications - such as Workplace Operations - are given guidance and support, with an eye toward creativity and ways to effectively scale.
• Leaders have the support they need in communicating with their teams (e.g. org changes) as well as the broader employee base as needed.
• Teams communicate important updates with cross-functional partners in a consistent and organized way.
To succeed in this role you will need:
• An entrepreneurial mindset, given this is an entirely new role and function;
• A willingness to roll-up your sleeves and get work done;
• Excellent written and oral communication skills (you must love writing and storytelling!);
• The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and work with a wide variety of internal partners;
• To be a trusted partner and adviser to disparate teams across multiple disciplines, including senior leaders;
• A passion for helping people and a curiosity about different cultures;
• The ability to challenge established wisdom and work well cross-functionally; and
• A dislike of hierarchy and bureaucracy but also an understanding that some structure - as well as the ability to plan - is needed to effect change.
Given this is a new role in a new function, we're open to people with different experiences: for example, from communications (internal or external), human resources or operations. However, you would need to have a minimum of 5-7 years work experience. This role is based out of Netflix's Los Angeles office and reports to the Director of Internal Communications.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d81mxq-54-165-57-161-42 in your application.