Netflix is one of the world's leading entertainment services with approximately 214 million paid streaming memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials.
Our business is growing rapidly and we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunities. Read our culture and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
We're on the hunt for a passionate and talented finance and accounting manager to join the EMEA Finance Team in Amsterdam. The Manager will work with the various finance teams internationally to optimize the EMEA finance operations and processes in terms of accounting, compliance, and reporting. In addition, the person will be a business partner to the various cross-functional teams in our various EMEA offices.
The ideal candidate has a strong fit with the Netflix values and culture, can collaborate well across the organization, and has a hands-on mentality. We're looking for someone with an accounting background that can drive our reporting and financial statements compliance obligations for our EMEA entities, in the broadest sense of the word. This role currently has one direct report and is positioned for growth as our business scales up. Relevant experience in the areas mentioned below will be key when applying for the role.
• Statutory accounts preparation
• Understanding local filing requirements
• Leading statutory audits
• Providing IFRS and local GAAP perspectives on global (M&A) projects
• Driving automation projects to optimize the overall finance operations and processes in terms of accounting and reporting
We're looking for someone who is:
• A self-starter, who is able to work effectively, autonomously and work on projects and process improvements under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment
• A great communicator who can build strong working relationships with external advisors and internal teams
• Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
• Proactive, hands-on and innovative
• Curious and enthusiastic, not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo
• Highly accurate and detail-oriented
• Flexible to collaborate with Netflix teams across multiple offices and timezones
• Willing to travel to our offices overseas and in EMEA (when COVID restrictions are released)
Education and Experience:
• 10+ years of relevant accounting and finance experience
• A combination of public accounting experience and in-house experience is preferred
• Bachelor / Academic degree in accounting or business economics and on track for completion (or already completed) postgraduate degree RA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent
• Strong knowledge of IFRS, US GAAP and local GAAP in EMEA countries
• Strong experience with preparing statutory filing documentation for international entities and leading/managing statutory audits
• Experience in efficiently working in a multinational environment and working with service providers
• Able to exercise great judgement and can provide strategic and pragmatic insights on various finance and accounting projects
• Demonstrate ability to innovate and optimize workflows and processes
• Advanced MS Excel and Google Sheets experience with the ability to navigate large data sets
• Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems is a plus
• Experience in managing/building teams
• Experience in the entertainment/tech industry is a plus
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1p53e-34-207-247-69-42 in your application.