Publicity Manager, Series
Los Angeles, CA
Netflix is looking for a Publicity Manager for its Local Language (not in English) Original Films. The Publicity Manager will be responsible for creating and executing the US and Canandian strategy to promote our original films produced out of APAC, LATAM and EMEA. Our ideal candidate will be self-motivated, proactive, quick-thinking, flexible, able to pivot when necessary, and can juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with a strong emphasis on organization. This is a demanding and fast moving position that requires someone who has a positive attitude and is able to exercise good judgment, takes initiative and demonstrates strong communication skills.
The job is based in LA or NY and reports to the Director, Film Publicity based in our Los Angeles office.
• Evaluate the local language film slate to determine priorities for a UCAN specific publicity campaign by working with each country's publicity lead to help connect local language films with the right sized UCAN strategy/goal.
• Create, shape, execute and manage US and Canada specific film publicity campaigns making use of multiple earned media channels, including broadcast, print and online press outlets.
• Take big risks in order to ensure impact in the region by putting together truly innovative campaigns that explore new tactics to portray that great films that can come from anywhere.
• Partner and strategize with internal cross functional partners from production through release to maintain and execute aligned objectives (ie awards, regional, events, multicultural, social, etc).
• Play a critical role in communicating with US and Canadian based press outlets throughout the campaign. Pitch media, secure opportunities, facilitate interviews, plan press days, staff junkets, red carpets and festivals.
• Develop strategy and implement the tactics from writing a strategy and presenting to filmmakers to building a schedule, tracking breaks to picking up the phone to pitch journalists.
• Communicate different facets of the campaigns to internal cross functional partners, executives, filmmakers, talent and talent representatives as needed.
• Formulate and manage a budget, and give visibility into the process successfully.
• 10+ years experience at a network, agency or studio, preferably in a press facing role.
• Experience handling high volume of complex projects and tasks for multiple people, departments and teams while simultaneously managing competing priorities.
• Existing relationships with key media as well as the ability to build and maintain connections with key journalists.
• Think strategically and make wise decisions, even when faced with ambiguity. Has the ability to identify, develop and help refine compelling and creative campaigns by seeking out unique opportunities that serve the business and the brand.
• Must possess solid organizational skills and be able to manage time effectively
• Excellent verbal and written skills. Ability to communicate effectively and succinctly with internal team and external partners
• Have a point of view, be collaborative, but candid and direct in communication style.
• Curious and eager to learn. Not timid to take risks, make mistakes and then explore what can be done differently or better the next time.
• Ability to speak/write in a second language is a bonus, but not required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d931pk-3-238-173-209-42 in your application.