Manager, Title Operations
It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue shaping the future of global entertainment. With over 200 million streaming members in over 190 countries, our approach to Marketing is to defy convention, disrupt industry norms and break new ground through innovative, culturally relevant, breakthrough campaigns that pierce the zeitgeist and drive conversation.
Our mission is to build an entertainment media and publishing network that brings joy to our Russian fans and members and fans of Russian content all around the world. We are a team of storytellers, editors, producers and writers, all of us huge fans of entertainment.
We are looking to fill an integral role on the marketing team for a Manager of Editorial and Publishing - Russia. This is a great opportunity to join a team that leads the development and launch of marketing and social media campaigns in Central and Eastern Europe and Russia.
This role is unique. So is the right candidate.
In this role, you will be a key contributor and leader in strategising, executing and managing editorial and publishing strategy for various audiences across key social media platforms in Russia. You will be a member of a small and nimble group of professionals based in our Amsterdam office.
Though part of the larger marketing organization, our team's work is unique in that we express a perspective on content the way an editorial media outlet would. You'll be looking at new ways to talk about our series and films, both locally and Netflix originals from around the world, and have a great skill for bringing these stories and narratives into the news cycle and social zeitgeist, primarily through editorial A/V content.
You'll have a deep passion, appreciation, and understanding of TV, Film and entertainment broadly, with a depth and breadth of knowledge about the Russian entertainment landscape and consumers as well as global trends. You are comfortable operating within the traditions of the local entertainment industry, but keen to push its boundaries and willing to take risks where others won't. You'll be trusted to have your finger on the pulse of online video consumption and to find ways to innovate in this field. You understand what captures people's attention and drives fandom and influence. As a fan, you are attuned to what sparks a connection between a show, film or star and its fandom. You live for that spark.
In the role of our Manager, Editorial Publishing, Russia, you will be responsible for the local publishing strategy, ideation, concept development and production across our social media channels and beyond. To be a leader you will need to understand the business challenges that need to be addressed. To be a successful editor and creative programmer, you'll need to be a storyteller at heart and have excellent judgement to balance audience interests with the needs of our business.
We're looking for a creative and strategic thought leader with a strong voice, impeccable taste, and authentic love for entertainment and pop-culture. Someone who's willing to be hands-on and manage creators themselves out of pure passion for the craft, yet also able to mentor a team of writers and producers to produce online content that fans will love.
• Lead Editorial and Publishing strategy across social platforms in Russia
• Grow and scale our audiences, communities and fandom
• Create content that gets written, shared, and talked about and builds credibility and relevance with local audiences
• Experiment and innovate with new formats, take risks with what you're creating; be ambitious and original. Turn one-off hits into successful series.
• Use internal and external social analytics and other internal data to inform strategy and detect new opportunities
• Anticipation of cultural trends and ability to participate, act and lead the conversation
• Leading the creative editorial/social agency teams and budget management
We are looking for someone who:
• Has a proven track record of building world-class editorial formats, that connect consumers to entertainment brands and create a passionate following. We are not only building editorial campaigns, we are transforming our properties into culturally relevant brands.
• Is an exceptional storyteller and creative individual. You have proven ability to concept and produce high-quality social and A/V content. And you're good at it.
• Has impeccable editorial judgement and a knack for finding and knowing what's trending with our audience. You can find the story, angle and point of view to tell different stories and do so through video storytelling. Deep knowledge of the Russian entertainment landscape, key opinion leaders and broader audiences
• Has experience using both data and intuition to create content that grabs attention and engages its audience. Solid understanding of marketing and social media analytics; you can apply a data-centric approach to the testing and optimization of content.
• Leader who is able to engage, listen and collaborate with internal departments/teams to align early on in terms of overall strategy and goals. A big idea isn't a big idea if you're doing it alone.
• Concise and clear communicator with written and oral communication skills in English and Russian
• See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
• You are a proactive self-starter, who does not need to be told what to do and will be resourceful in order to find solutions to any challenge. You are not afraid to get your hands dirty.
• You are passionate and curious about all aspects of the business - especially when bridging the gap between our content and our brand - and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
• You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
• You are a natural team leader, with the ability to conceptualise and articulate creative strategy and production that all will rally around.
• You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!
• You are able to make wise and informed decisions, even when faced with ambiguity and think strategically.
• You are a creative visionary. You are able to see the big picture and be the master curator of an online media channel. You are constantly looking for new ways to delight and inspire audiences across various platforms
• You are an avid user of both your left and right brain. If you live and breathe global entertainment and geek out at the thought of breaking the advertising mold, then we want to talk to you.